PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore Vs Elisabeth Hasselbeck clash on ‘The View’

Bill Cosby
09-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Michael Moore, Elisabeth Hasselbeck clash on ‘The View’ (http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/09/michael-moore-elisabeth-hasselbeck-clash-on-the-view/)
NmuOR87W8F0

Posted on 09.15.11
By Stephen C. Webster
Categories: Culture, Featured
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative co-host of ABC’s women’s talk show “The View,” took the untypical position of defending President Barack Obama, specifically saying that he made the right decision to order the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.

Moore, who’s previously argued that the U.S. “lost something of our soul” in that raid, wasn’t buying it.

“The way we show the world that we’re difference is that we give even the most heinous person their day in court,” Moore said. “If we lose sight of that basic American principle — we put the Nazis on trial, we put Manson on trial.”

He added: “If we start to say that we’re afraid to hold trials because terrorists might hurt us, we look like a bunch of wusses.”

This video is from ABC, broadcast Sept. 14, 2011

tutonic
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Moore is a true liberal. I like him.

John Galt
09-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I agree with the blonde bimbo on this one.

I didn't agree with Moore's comments soon after the incident, and I don't agree now.

Our legal system is broken. The last thing we need, is to warehouse Bin Laden for years on end.

I'd rather send the message that we have a bullet for everyone who attacks us.

I'd also like to send the message that we're no longer going to put our military wherever there's oil underground.

Wanna change the world's perception of us?

Stop whoring for oil.

Bill Cosby
09-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Moore is a true liberal. I like him.Me too.................................... :)

rastaman
09-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Moore is a liberal who looks at the Big Picture! The blond Bimbo is missing a few genetic genes to look at the Big Picture! Her Conservatism and Republicanism came spewing out and embarrassed humanity.

Bill Cosby
09-15-2011, 05:54 PM

I didn't agree with Moore's comments soon after the incident, and I don't agree now.

Our legal system is broken. The last thing we need, is to warehouse Bin Laden for years on end.

I'd also like to send the message that we're no longer going to put our military wherever there's oil underground.

Stop whoring for oil.

While you change our appearance related to oil, you also change our appearance as related to human rights, justice etc.......

The Japanese, German & other war criminals where but on trial & justice was served..........

Personally I don't want bush, cheney or even obama acting as my or anyone elses judge, jury & executioner..........

DAMN SADAAM HUSSIEN GOT A FAIR TRAIL & HE KILLED MILLIONS MORE...:banghead:

Bill Cosby
09-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Moore is a liberal who looks at the Big Picture! The blond Bimbo is missing a few genetic genes to look at the Big Picture! Her Conservatism and Republicanism came spewing out and embarrassed humanity.

She is a lot cutier though............

rastaman
09-15-2011, 06:01 PM

Stop whoring for oil.

And stop occupying M.E. countries and bombing M.D. cities and towns while killing innocent civilians. Perhaps the U.S. wouldn't be under terror alerts due to Sins of the Father and Chickens Coming Home to Roost.

Bill Cosby
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
And stop occupying M.E. countries and bombing M.D. cities and towns while killing innocent civilians. Perhaps the U.S. wouldn't be under terror alerts due to Sins of the Father and Chickens Coming Home to Roost.

UR0svkWuLlo

tutonic
09-15-2011, 06:34 PM
The principle of defense of others is valid to perfection at the individual level. It gets dicey and cost benefit when we talk numbers. And why are we in loco parentis anyway?

If a big kid is picking on a little kid, it is moral to stop the big kid.

If a mid sized despot is about to use two armed legions to kill 5000 civilians, is it moral to use our mights and kill 12000 "bad guys" to save 5000 "good guys?"

You can have fun with the numbers in myriad ways, but, it ceases to be "perfectly" moral the minute you kill anyone. That's one point of view. How many bad lives are worth one good life? A trillion?

If your war is based upon your narrow strategic interest you don't have to worry about that, but in humanitarian wars, you should.

John Galt
09-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Yep.

John Galt
09-15-2011, 06:40 PM
While you change our appearance related to oil, you also change our appearance as related to human rights, justice etc.......

The Japanese, German & other war criminals where but on trial & justice was served..........

Personally I don't want bush, cheney or even obama acting as my or anyone elses judge, jury & executioner..........

DAMN SADAAM HUSSIEN GOT A FAIR TRAIL & HE KILLED MILLIONS MORE...:banghead:
Hussein killed millions?

I know we sold him chemical weapons to lob at Iran, but I wasn't aware that his numbers were so impressive.

He didn't kill any Americans, so his record isn't our problem.

When Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11, any perceived rights went down with the towers.

Shame we only got to kill him once.

As for a trial....I don't think we could've made the case against him.

John Galt
09-15-2011, 06:43 PM
. How many bad lives are worth one good life? A trillion?

If your war is based upon your narrow strategic interest you don't have to worry about that, but in humanitarian wars, you should.
I'm positive that both sides of any war, believe that the other side is the 'bad' life.

When David doesn't stand a chance against Goliath, using airplanes is only fair.

Bill Cosby
09-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Hussein killed millions?

I know we sold him chemical weapons to lob at Iran, but I wasn't aware that his numbers were so impressive.

He didn't kill any Americans, so his record isn't our problem.

When Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11, any perceived rights went down with the towers.

Shame we only got to kill him once.

As for a trial....I don't think we could've made the case against him.

Well I can't argue against that, I don't think we could of either, but they had other things like Kenya, the Cole etc.........

This has been the problem from the start......

Should we be killing ppl because we lack evidence to convict??

We just know he did it,(like the yellow cake & WMD) & that's enough evidence, (or no evidence), we kill him & anyone that gets in the way........

:dunno:

anatta
09-15-2011, 09:23 PM

Stop whoring for oil.
:thumbsup: WOW. impressive when you concisely nail down an answer,with complete mentions of all the important factor.

Nothing i can add.

doctordog
09-15-2011, 09:27 PM

Moore is a big picture, his love handles won't fit in a 52" TV screen:lmao2:

JDubya
09-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Elizabeth Hasselbeck is an empty headed idiot.

If she hadn't been a famous athlete's wife, she'd be working at Hooter's right now.

doctordog
09-15-2011, 10:04 PM

If she hadn't been a famous athlete's wife, she'd be working at Hooter's right now.

Her husband's athlete status didn't amount to squat:lmao2:

JDubya
09-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Her husband's athlete status didn't amount to squat:lmao2:

Just like your IQ.

doctordog
09-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Just like your IQ.

And yours:thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
09-16-2011, 02:10 AM

Thats cold GD..............:lmao2: :lmao2:

She is cute, she would probably make great money there.......