PDA

View Full Version : Increased terroist chatter

tutonic
09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Will there be a 10 year anniversary Al Qaida hit?

Does it do any good for the govt to warn us to "stay alert" or whatever with indicating any specific threat or what to be alert for?

Big Dog
09-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Will there be a 10 year anniversary Al Qaida hit?

Does it do any good for the govt to warn us to "stay alert" or whatever with indicating any specific threat or what to be alert for?

No, it will be thwarted.

Yes, stay alert.

BlackAsCoal
09-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Prest-o change-o abacadaba .. just when political fortunes are down and Americans start to focus on the root causes of our demise .. surprise, surprise .. a terrorist threat comes along to save the day.

The magic trick worked real well for George Bush.

AND .. the really good news is that the trick doesn't even have to be remotely believable or conform to any known science .. like 9/11, Americans will believe it anyway.

What a deal. :thumbsup:

"If God did not want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep"
-- Eli Wallach, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

cottonbroker1
09-09-2011, 09:30 AM
And the so called chatter just happened to be reported around the same time as Obamas speech...gimme a break. Of course there is chatter its the 10th anniversary. Who knew the tooth fairy had a twin? I score a 1 out of 10 for Obama on originality. A 2 of 10 timing and a 10 out of 10 for complete BS...how many ragheads have to be dumped into the sea to get obama and co. to simply STFU?

Big Dog
09-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Of course there is chatter its the 10th anniversary.

:thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Is there any chatter in Libya???

Will they be celebrations in the streets of Tripoli???

BlackAsCoal
09-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Here is what they'll be writing about Libya .. just supplant "Libya" where you see "Iraq" and "Qaddafi" where you see "Saddam"

Sorry. Iraq Was Still Better Under Saddam / (Sorry, Libya was still better under Qaddafi)

Studies show that it really is impossible to be totally objective. A recent one asks a set of people that if they lose a trial they brought, if they should still have to pay the defendant’s legal fees. 80% said no. But if the question was flipped — should you have to pay your own legal fees if you lose a case brought against you? — only 40% said yes. Given data like this, it’s not surprising that organizations typically considered bastions of journalistic propriety are full of reporters who can’t help but bare their biases.

The latest is a piece on Iraqis’ PTSD: present-traumatic stress disorder. They can’t leave their homes without worrying they won’t come back. Constant bombings and shootings — some 20 a day on average in the country — maintain civilians in a state of chronic terror. Our Margaret Griffis documents several to dozens of Iraqis killed and wounded every day in the country’s low rumble of violence — and these are just the ones that make it into the papers. The controversy for AP reporter Lara Jakes is that Iraq is indeed worse, by far, than it was under the last years of the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein.

In America, this has always been an inflammatory statement. Whatever you may say about the wisdom of the Iraq War, even those who opposed it say, at least Saddam is gone — so goes the conventional wisdom. Only rarely does anyone question this. Jakes may think she’s gone rogue, but even the headline — “Fear still reigns in Iraq, even after Saddam” — is wimpy. Even after Saddam? Whatever their evils, dictators are interested in calm and quiet, no upheavals to disrupt their rule. With the dictator gone, the artificial empire he created is in a state of violent unraveling. So it’s actually quite obvious — Iraq is far more violent eight whole years later, though much of this has to do with the presence of the American occupiers.

Jakes quotes several Iraqis, even those who initially supported the 2003 invasion, who now long for the life of relative ease they had when they only had one predictable enemy to avoid. After each anecdote, she inserts a sentence that amounts to “but still, Saddam was pretty bad.” And as if to illustrate her desperation to keep it a crap-on-Saddam party, she cited an “expert” from the American Enterprise Institute, the key neocon outfit home to all the most prominent jerks who pushed for the war.

AEI’s Gerard Alexander says it’s a “‘conservative estimate’ that an average 16,000 Iraqis a year were killed.”

But as I pointed out to a sloppy jingoistic pro-war “libertarian” in 2005, this is a very dishonest take. If Hussein killed even the highest estimate of one million people within a few years of his taking power, you don’t average that out over his entire rule and declare he was an insatiably murderous monster. I mean, if you want to be taken seriously. The most respected estimates hover around 300,000 Hussein victims. Over half of these were killed in the Anfal campaign against the Kurds — from which we get the “his own people” meme — and the US was still his buddy afterwards. Others were likely direct political rivals, and then those killed when Bush the elder encouraged a Shi’ite uprising, promising US backing, and then abandoned it to be crushed by Hussein. The killing and terror had ebbed by the late 1990s. The American invasion dramatically ramped up killing in Iraq, and this turmoil has not let up. That is a plain fact not open to interpretation.

As if to illustrate further the desperation to make an anti-invasion set of facts into a pro-invasion narrative, Jakes matter-of-factly credits the 2007 “surge” in Iraq for “quell[ing] much of the sectarian violence.” This is false. Sectarian murder had already succeeded in its aim of separating Iraqis by religious tradition; no further violence was “necessary.” But this reporter doesn’t ask questions to which she doesn’t want the answer.

It’s not that a reporter should be a robotic recorder — we have suffered for lack of inquisitive journalism, for a surfeit of stenographers who simply present “both sides” without actually parsing a given controversy. But when you are desperately shoehorning in statements to drag the facts back to your point of view, it’s time to give it up.

In response to the inevitable accusation of Saddamy, my response is what I said back in January in the wake of the Tunisian overthrow and in the midst of the revolutionary swells at Tahrir.

Imagine, if the US hadn’t blown up Iraq, how Saddam would be sweating right now, and a million more people would still be alive to see it.
http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2011/09/06/sorry-iraq-was-still-better-under-saddam/

CosmicRocker
09-09-2011, 03:40 PM
^ good post. another victory for AmeriKa.

cottonbroker1
09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
waa waa waaa hold me, I'm scared....!!!

Sephiri
09-09-2011, 05:39 PM
At least they are not ignoring intelligence like they did before 9/11.

Not only ignoring intelligence but not notifying ANYONE of importance, for example, oh I don't know...like the freaking airlines?
9/11 was completely, and painfully avoidable.

I don't think most will be more "afraid"...but I see nothing wrong with "staying alert"...I also doubt one person will change their plans.

Not a big surprise that a terrrorist would like to pull something off on this anniversary...this is just confirmation, "yes we received credible intell"..they also said it can't be confirmed.

They would be crucified if something happened (especially on the 10th anniversary) and they did not admit they had a possible warning.

Big deal...they are doing the right thing.

Big Dog
09-09-2011, 05:51 PM
"... There were a number of recommendations made the by Gore Commission, whose commissioners included family members of the victims of Flight 800. The recommendations included several measures to improve screening company performance, including a national job grade structure for screeners and meaningful measures to reward employees. It also called for airlines to hire screening companies on the basis of performance, not the lowest bidder.

The Gore Commission called for criminal background and FBI fingerprint checks for all airport and airline workers who screen passengers for weapons or have access to secure areas. The airlines industry had long opposed mandatory criminal checks.

Two weeks later, as reported in the Boston Globe, Gore retreated from his own commission's proposals in a letter to Carol B. Hallett, president of the industry's trade group, the Air Transport Association. ''I want to make it very clear that it is not the intent of this administration or of the commission to create a hardship for the air transportation industry or to cause inconvenience to the traveling public,'' Gore wrote. To reassure Hallett, Gore added that the FAA would develop ''a draft test concept ... in full partnership with representatives of the airline industry."

The day after Gore's letter to the Air Transport Association, Trans World Airlines donated $40,000 to the Democratic National Committee. By the time of the presidential election, other airlines had poured large donations into Democrat Party committees: $265,000 from American Airlines, $120,000 from Delta Air Lines, $115,000 from United Air Lines, $87,000 from Northwest Airlines, according to an analysis done for the Boston Globe by the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks donations. A total of $627,000 was donated to the Democrats by major airlines. ..."

Two of the commission members -- Victoria Cummock and Kathleen Flynn, who lost loved ones in the terrorist attack on Flight 800 -- believe that campaign contributions by the airline industry were a direct result of Al Gore backing away from the commission's security recommendations. Don't bet on the mainstream news media reminding Al Gore of this flagrant example of homeland security taking a back-seat to campaign cash the next time they quote one of his frequent fever-pitched rants."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1501755/posts

Sephiri
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
"... There were a number of recommendations made the by Gore Commission, whose commissioners included family members of the victims of Flight 800. The recommendations included several measures to improve screening company performance, including a national job grade structure for screeners and meaningful measures to reward employees. It also called for airlines to hire screening companies on the basis of performance, not the lowest bidder.

The Gore Commission called for criminal background and FBI fingerprint checks for all airport and airline workers who screen passengers for weapons or have access to secure areas. The airlines industry had long opposed mandatory criminal checks.

Two weeks later, as reported in the Boston Globe, Gore retreated from his own commission's proposals in a letter to Carol B. Hallett, president of the industry's trade group, the Air Transport Association. ''I want to make it very clear that it is not the intent of this administration or of the commission to create a hardship for the air transportation industry or to cause inconvenience to the traveling public,'' Gore wrote. To reassure Hallett, Gore added that the FAA would develop ''a draft test concept ... in full partnership with representatives of the airline industry."

The day after Gore's letter to the Air Transport Association, Trans World Airlines donated $40,000 to the Democratic National Committee. By the time of the presidential election, other airlines had poured large donations into Democrat Party committees: $265,000 from American Airlines, $120,000 from Delta Air Lines, $115,000 from United Air Lines, $87,000 from Northwest Airlines, according to an analysis done for the Boston Globe by the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks donations. A total of $627,000 was donated to the Democrats by major airlines. ..."

Two of the commission members -- Victoria Cummock and Kathleen Flynn, who lost loved ones in the terrorist attack on Flight 800 -- believe that campaign contributions by the airline industry were a direct result of Al Gore backing away from the commission's security recommendations. Don't bet on the mainstream news media reminding Al Gore of this flagrant example of homeland security taking a back-seat to campaign cash the next time they quote one of his frequent fever-pitched rants."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1501755/posts

has absolutely nothing to do with the intelligence failures before 9/11.

Don't start howling at the moon. CIA fully admits to unbelievable "chatter" in the weeks and months leading up to 9/11. FBI agents were shut down when they started waving red flags.
it goes on and on...we blew it.
warning after warning about planes and/or Al Qaeda and an impending major attack...I'm not just talking about the infamous "memo", although where do you think that memo came from?
Intelligence.
Al Gore was not the President, nor privy to any of the intell...completely irrelevant.

Not one phone call made to the airlines nor the major airports.
that's just the tip of the iceberg. (ha ha...no pun intended)
What do some phone calls cost?
NOTHING.

The point is, there is nothing wrong with this warning.

2T
09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
At least they are not ignoring intelligence like they did before 9/11.

Not only ignoring intelligence but not notifying ANYONE of importance, for example, oh I don't know...like the freaking airlines?
9/11 was completely, and painfully avoidable.

I don't think most will be more "afraid"...but I see nothing wrong with "staying alert"...I also doubt one person will change their plans.

Not a big surprise that a terrrorist would like to pull something off on this anniversary...this is just confirmation, "yes we received credible intell"..they also said it can't be confirmed.

They would be crucified if something happened (especially on the 10th anniversary) and they did not admit they had a possible warning.

Big deal...they are doing the right thing.

you are like a life raft of reason in a sea of insanity :)

Zane
09-10-2011, 02:35 AM
If these bastards do anything to ruin the NFL's opening day, I'm going missile shopping in Libya... and the results won't be pretty.

Bill Cosby
09-10-2011, 02:43 AM
If these bastards do anything to ruin the NFL's opening day, I'm going missile shopping in Libya... and the results won't be pretty.

DUDE:talktothehand:

Shop American............ We still make a few things in this country...:thumbsup:

Zane
09-10-2011, 02:44 AM
DUDE:talktothehand:

Shop American............ We still make a few things in this country...:thumbsup:

Bottom line... once the terrorists cross THAT line, I gives no fuck. I'll level Mecca if I have to, goddamnit.

cottonbroker1
09-10-2011, 03:00 AM
they wouldnt dare.....!!!!! that would be sooooo wrong...

Big Dog
09-10-2011, 07:48 AM
has absolutely nothing to do with the intelligence failures before 9/11.

Don't start howling at the moon. CIA fully admits to unbelievable "chatter" in the weeks and months leading up to 9/11. FBI agents were shut down when they started waving red flags.
it goes on and on...we blew it.
warning after warning about planes and/or Al Qaeda and an impending major attack...I'm not just talking about the infamous "memo", although where do you think that memo came from?
Intelligence.
Al Gore was not the President, nor privy to any of the intell...completely irrelevant.

Not one phone call made to the airlines nor the major airports.
that's just the tip of the iceberg. (ha ha...no pun intended)
What do some phone calls cost?
NOTHING.

The point is, there is nothing wrong with this warning.

The chatter was not specific enough, no date or place.

The FBI agents that reported the training; it was stifled and dismissed within the FBI. A real missed opportunity. But then there was a ton of intel from many countries about Saddam's WMDs and it was wrong.

Condi Rice came out right after 9/11 saying planes used in such a way was unprecedented and could not have been anticipated.

Al Gore was charged with finding the cracks in airline security. Instead of insuring the airlines complied, he took the bribe.

What good would the phone call have done without the proper Al Gorian security measures in place, or profiling being allowed?

:dunno:

rastaman
09-10-2011, 08:19 AM
No, it will be thwarted.

Yes, stay alert.

The chickens could come home to roost. We are in a chosen war. With war they're are casualties. We are dealing with human individuals who wish to exact revenge on America for Americas involvement both militarily and politically while killing innocent men, women and children with our shock-n-awe weaponry in the Middle East for over 50 years!

Staying Alert! Wont be enough! As U.S. citizens we need to prepare ourselves for the real possibility of our love ones on U.S. soil in America's cities and towns will become victims of terrorist REVENGE attacks as a result of the chaos, crimes, destructions, murders, casualties we have caused in the Middle East.

This is the bed the leadership (the U.S.) has created for its citizenry. Now its time to Man Up and face the possible madness, hope for the best and hope we don't see our son's, daughters, moms, fathers, relatives being in the wrong place at the wrong time and loose their lives to a terrorist seeking revenge due to the sins of the father!!!!!

California Chrome
09-10-2011, 08:34 AM
The chickens could come home to roost. We are in a chosen war. With war they're are casualties. We are dealing with human individuals who wish to exact revenge on America for Americas involvement both militarily and politically while killing innocent men, women and children with our shock-n-awe weaponry in the Middle East for over 50 years!

Staying Alert! Wont be enough! As U.S. citizens we need to prepare ourselves for the real possibility of our love ones on U.S. soil in America's cities and towns will become victims of terrorist REVENGE attacks as a result of the chaos, crimes, destructions, murders, casualties we have caused in the Middle East.

This is the bed the leadership (the U.S.) has created for its citizenry. Now its time to Man Up and face the possible madness, hope for the best and hope we don't see our son's, daughters, moms, fathers, relatives being in the wrong place at the wrong time and loose their lives to a terrorist seeking revenge due to the sins of the father!!!!!
Who were we at war with on 9/11?

rastaman
09-10-2011, 08:35 AM

The FBI agents that reported the training; it was stifled and dismissed within the FBI. A real missed opportunity. But then there was a ton of intel from many countries about Saddam's WMDs and it was wrong.

Condi Rice came out right after 9/11 saying planes used in such a way was unprecedented and could not have been anticipated.

Al Gore was charged with finding the cracks in airline security. Instead of insuring the airlines complied, he took the bribe.

What good would the phone call have done without the proper Al Gorian security measures in place, or profiling being allowed?

Meh! Make all the fucking excuses you want too. The Bush Administration DROPPED THE FUCKING BALL!!!! The worst terrorist attack in U.S. modern history happened when you cock sucking worthless bastard Republicans were in POWER!!!

The out going Clinton Administration out briefed and warned the worthless Bush Administration that OBL and Alqueda would be their most important targets and problems......Yet the Bush Administration did not take this briefing seriously. In fact, from Jan 01 running up to 9/11 Bush stayed on vacation more than any President in recent memory, and RARELY met with his Terrorist Security council!!!! THAT IS HISTORICAL FACT!!!:disbelief:

The facts remains 3,000 U.S. citizens lost their lives under Republican GW Bush!!!!!!

SCORE:

BUSH....3,000 Obama: ZERO U.S. Casualties on U.S. soil by terrorist Attacks.

Big Dog
09-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Rasta,

Islam is a religion of intolerance. It has waged war against infidels since its inception over 1,000 years ago.

rastaman
09-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Who were we at war with on 9/11?

We were in an undeclared war with the the MIDDLE EAST since the 1950's.

How many Middle Eastern cities had the U.S. bombed prior to 9/11? And in so doing, how many innocent M.E. men, women, and children were murderded by our weapons during this time frame?????:o

Big Dog
09-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Obama: ZERO U.S. Casualties on U.S. soil by terrorist Attacks.

That is a LIE. You need to crawl out from under that rock more often.

Big Dog
09-10-2011, 08:40 AM

How many Middle Eastern cities had the U.S. bombed prior to 9/11? And in so doing, how many innocent M.E. men, women, and children were murderded by our weapons during this time frame?????:o

Ah ... another Leftwing Islamist apologist. The 3,000 innocent deaths on 9/11 were justified. We've heard this leftwing meme before. The blood soaked hands of libtards.

California Chrome
09-10-2011, 08:40 AM

How many Middle Eastern cities had the U.S. bombed prior to 9/11? And in so doing, how many innocent M.E. men, women, and children were murderded by our weapons during this time frame?????:oWho were we bombing on 9/11?

California Chrome
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Ah ... another Leftwing Islamist apologist. The 3,000 innocent deaths on 9/11 were justified. We've heard this leftwing meme before.

.:thumbsup:

Exactly.

rastaman
09-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Rasta,

Islam is a religion of intolerance. It has waged war against infidels since its inception over 1,000 years ago.

Big Dog......9/11 was the result of the Chickens Coming home to roost....plain and simple. You can try and confuse the reality, but it is what it is.

The U.S. has been directly or indirectly killing innocent M.E. men, women, and children since the 1950's.

We have now been at War since 2001 and with those wars the U.S. has continued to bomb Middle Eastern cities/countries while killing innocent men, women and children in the process. The aftermath is, we have created a new generation of terrorist wanting to exact revenge on AMERICAN, and on AMERICAN SOIL.

rastaman
09-10-2011, 08:44 AM
:thumbsup:

Exactly.

Exactly! Ya just can't kill people in other countries and not expect any type of Blow Back.....can you!:disbelief:

rastaman
09-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Obama: ZERO U.S. Casualties on U.S. soil by terrorist Attacks.

That is a LIE. You need to crawl out from under that rock more often.

It's the "Truth"! The Bush Administration has 3,000 casualty American Death Lead concerning U.S. deaths on American soil!!!!

The Obama Administration hasn't allowed ONE U.S. citizen to be killed on U.S. soil by terrorist attack....yet the Obama Admin. has thawarted several attacks already!!!!

SCORE:

Bush....3,0000 Obama: ZERO U.S. deaths from terrorist attack on U.S. SOIL!!!!

rastaman
09-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Ah ... another Leftwing Islamist apologist. The 3,000 innocent deaths on 9/11 were justified. We've heard this leftwing meme before. The blood soaked hands of libtards.

How many innocent Middle Eastern citizens were killed by U.S. weapons or political involvement and unrest between 1953-running up to 9/11????

You and Minty need to ask and answer that question.:disbelief:

rastaman
09-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Run along Minty and Big Dog.......this conversation is way too deep and big for Dim Witted Republican conservatives such as yourselves!!!!

Cookie Parker
09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
It's war. It's bound to take lives. You can't separate the bullets from men and women/children. Is it right? No. Is it war? Yes.

And of course we are being targeted. We'd be foolish to think we were not. So, now is NOT the time to cut the defense budget and make the CIA back off of anything.

Sephiri
09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Bottom line... once the terrorists cross THAT line, I gives no fuck. I'll level Mecca if I have to, goddamnit.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Sephiri
09-10-2011, 10:02 AM

Condi lied...I don't blame her. She blew it too.

First of all, they did know the date. SOON. IMMENINENT

They knew planes would be involved SOON. The intelligence was getting warnings not from one source, but many.

What did I say? Why not just warn the FAA, the Military, the Airlines and the Airports? It was not just the FBI it was also CIA...Dog, this isn't EVEN DEBATED.
I'm not even talking about the 9/11 report.

THE MILITARY knew these guys were in the country and were not allowed to contact FBI...honestly I really could go on and on and on....and on.
And I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I think they blew it off, and were not listening to the guys they should have been. Honestly, they weren't listening to anyone.
I don't think they let it happen on purpose....I think they were really naive about what was going down.

This stuff is on the History Channel and National Geographic...no kidding. In case you don't want to research it a little.

:lmao2:

Sephiri
09-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Who were we bombing on 9/11?

I don't know, but we've managed to kill more Americans (Soldiers and contractors) than Al Qaeda did that day.

yea, that makes a lot of sense.
March into Iraq and let Al Qaeda blow the limbs off our Soldiers....just to really top off the horror.

Fuck Bush.

CosmicRocker
09-10-2011, 10:28 AM
perpetual war. take it on the road, see how it plays out, " Will it play in Peoria?"

Call it whatever, "Hate us for our freedoms/ "humanitarian" ( love that one -a humanitarian war)

At least "better dead the red" had some punch to it. Now we just make shit up.
Destabilize governments if we're busy bombing elsewhere.

Sephiri
09-10-2011, 12:27 PM
perpetual war. take it on the road, see how it plays out, " Will it play in Peoria?"

Call it whatever, "Hate us for our freedoms/ "humanitarian" ( love that one -a humanitarian war)

At least "better dead the red" had some punch to it. Now we just make shit up.
Destabilize governments if we're busy bombing elsewhere.

yea, well I'm not in disagreement...but think of any war in the History of this country as insane as Iraq?
America didn't invent war, but it certainly seems stupid enough to end it's existence because of it.

And I am talking about Iraq...I don't want to go on and on about Afghanistan. The bottom line is, we had the Taliban on the run in about two months after 9/11 with CIA and Special Ops in Afghan. That "war" had already started, before we even knew. Now we know.
We only had about 300 boots on the ground, and with the help of the Afghanis...Taliban running to Pakistan.

Plenty of Taliban Foes in Afghan...
That's why OBL had the Rebel leader killed right after 9/11.
He knew.

It could of, and should of been a very short operation in Afghan.
And EVERYBODY, even Military, even CIA know it was Iraq...that brought us to the utter mess we are in today...including financially.

I mean to this very DAY.
It's almost unbelievable.

CosmicRocker
09-10-2011, 12:45 PM
yea, well I'm not in disagreement...but think of any war in the History of this country as insane as Iraq?
America didn't invent war, but it certainly seems stupid enough to end it's existence because of it.

And I am talking about Iraq...I don't want to go on and on about Afghanistan. The bottom line is, we had the Taliban on the run in about two months after 9/11 with CIA and Special Ops in Afghan. That "war" had already started, before we even knew. Now we know.
We only had about 300 boots on the ground, and with the help of the Afghanis...Taliban running to Pakistan.

Plenty of Taliban Foes in Afghan...
That's why OBL had the Rebel leader killed right after 9/11.
He knew.

It could of, and should of been a very short operation in Afghan.
And EVERYBODY, even Military, even CIA know it was Iraq...that brought us to the utter mess we are in today...including financially.

I mean to this very DAY.
It's almost unbelievable.
Iraq was the Supreme Fuck Up -yes, but so is Afg. You can thank Mr Obama for continuing the "nationbuilding" idea straight out of a Bush playbook.

Less chance of that even in Afg, since Afg has NO latent nationalism, at least Iraqi's call them selves Iraqis -

I'm not sure what the rest of your post is saying> who is "the Rebel" OBL killed?
Point though: the Taliban is not whom we're supposed to be fighting, unless you go back to the Bush Doctrine of "those who support terrorists are the same (paraphrased).

we're supposed to be going after al_qaeda -the Taliban had little to do with 9-11, except allow al_Qaeda to be there.

Biden's idea of a "counter terrorism " strategy is superior to this idiotic idea of "counter insurgency" ( nationbuilding).

The Taliban always had Waziristan to filter thru, we bombed the hell outta Tora Bora - but OBL prolly already had the ISI in Paki setting him up in his digs we killed him.

Problem with all this stuff is we are driving Paki completely out of the western sphere, into...( guess whom) CHINA!!

China is beating us in every way, yet you don't see them going to perpetual war. they use "soft power" ( you know this i'm sure).

NONE of the WARS ARE GOOD IDEAS. Granted we should have bombed Afg. training bases, but the rest of them are all bad news.

Libya is the latest fuckup - we're creating a terrorist state, all them weapons missing are going SOMEWHERE -right??
Where do you think they are going??

( Hint think where Al_Qaeda is strongest today -east Africa,and the Horn)

So no. none of these wars are worth prosecuting, and they have damaged the US in myriad ways.

Bill Cosby
09-10-2011, 01:21 PM
How many innocent Middle Eastern citizens were killed by U.S. weapons or political involvement and unrest between 1953-running up to 9/11????

No one knows nor do they care either..........

They killed everyone in North Viet Nam three times when I was a kid..........

Even the tiny bush the wimp invasion of Panama.......... No one knows how many of them that were killed.........

They consider that invasion similar to how many Americans feel about 9-11

Bill Cosby
09-10-2011, 01:21 PM

No one knows nor do they care either..........

They killed everyone in North Viet Nam three times when I was a kid..........

Even the tiny bush the wimp invasion of Panama.......... No one knows how many of them that were killed.........

They consider that invasion similar to how many Americans feel about 9-11