PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Tragedy - Gunman dies in IHOP Shooting

Big Dog
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Four people have been reported dead, including a gunman, in a shooting in a strip mall parking lot and then in an International House of Pancakes in Carson City, Nev. It was initially unclear how many people were shot in the Tuesday morning incident; news reports put the number between 9 and 13.

After the rampage, police say, the shooter shot himself in the head; the Associated Press reported later that he had died.

Police have not disclosed a motive for the shooting.

Ralph Swagler, who owns a Locals Barbecue in the strip mall, told the Reno Gazette-Journal that he saw a man pull up outside the IHOP in a blue minivan. Swagler said the man, who was carrying a rifle, shot a man on a motorcycle. The gunman then walked into the IHOP and started shooting. The gunman also fired at the Locals Barbecue, hitting the restaurant's windows.

The Reno Journal-Gazette was reporting that two of the people killed were National Guard members in uniform.

ABCnews.com was reporting that security has been amped up at nearby military bases, but Carson City Sheriff Kenny Furlong said authorities think that the violence has been contained.

“There does not appear to be any safety concerns outside of this area,” Furlong said in that report. “It appears to be isolated to this parking lot.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/09/ihop-shooting-three-people-dead-after-a-shooting-at-an-ihop-in-carson-city.html

Bill Cosby
09-06-2011, 04:14 PM
How did you come up w/ that thread title, or should I ask why you would exploit this tragedy for political gain of some sorts????

Gary
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Four people have been reported dead, including a gunman, in a shooting in a strip mall parking lot and then in an International House of Pancakes in Carson City, Nev. It was initially unclear how many people were shot in the Tuesday morning incident; news reports put the number between 9 and 13.

After the rampage, police say, the shooter shot himself in the head; the Associated Press reported later that he had died.

Ralph Swagler, who owns a Locals Barbecue in the strip mall, told the Reno Gazette-Journal that he saw a man pull up outside the IHOP in a blue minivan. Swagler said the man, who was carrying a rifle, shot a man on a motorcycle. The gunman then walked into the IHOP and started shooting. The gunman also fired at the Locals Barbecue, hitting the restaurant's windows.

The Reno Journal-Gazette was reporting that two of the people killed were National Guard members in uniform.

ABCnews.com was reporting that security has been amped up at nearby military bases, but Carson City Sheriff Kenny Furlong said authorities think that the violence has been contained.

“There does not appear to be any safety concerns outside of this area,” Furlong said in that report. “It appears to be isolated to this parking lot.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/09/ihop-shooting-three-people-dead-after-a-shooting-at-an-ihop-in-carson-city.html

Liberals don't go to IHOP. They don't like the uncouth, pancake farting company, they have to put up with.

Gary
09-06-2011, 04:21 PM
How did you come up w/ that thread title, or should I ask why you would exploit this tragedy for political gain of some sorts????

My take is the Dog says liberals find the shooter's death a tragedy and not the death of the vicims.

Big Dog
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM

It's a pre-emptive strike for the real victims, the 4 innocents that died, not the gunman that the liberals will be portraying as the victim.

:dunno:

Big Dog
09-06-2011, 04:25 PM
My take is the Dog says liberals find the shooter's death a tragedy and not the death of the vicims.

It's the liberal MO.

Gary
09-06-2011, 04:27 PM
It's the liberal MO.

It's your imagination and more dogshit. Liberals don't want anyone shot for whatever reason.

gOd
09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Methinks he must have just read this post (http://dcjunkies.com/showpost.php?p=439697&postcount=715), and this thread is his knee-jerk response.

Bill Cosby
09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
It's a pre-emptive strike for the real victims, the 4 innocents that died, not the gunman that the liberals will be portraying as the victim.

:dunno:

Wow......... You know nothing of the shooter, nothing of the victims, nothing of a motive or any back ground what so ever & come out w/ that.......:o :o

That's terrible.............

While you disparage the supposed sympathies of liberals you have no qualms about cold heartedly exploiting the victims for some petty political tit for tat.....:o

Gary
09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Methinks he must have just read this post (http://dcjunkies.com/showpost.php?p=439697&postcount=715), and this thread is his knee-jerk response.

I think he just takes anything and twists it to make some stupid political point. I hear the death toll is rather high (9) and I believe 5 were wearing NG uniforms.

I overheard these numbers reported on a TV and haven't found anything on the internet to substantiate them.

Sephiri
09-06-2011, 05:05 PM
If this is what runs through your mind when you hear of a mass shooting, your liberal hate must be exhausting.

get a shrink.

hd79
09-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Tragic, for certain. I haven't heard the latest, but as he seemed to shoot at those wearing the NG uniforms, there may be something there. I feel for the families of those involved. Senseless violence is usually the hardest to find any sort of comfort for the victims families.

slowhand
09-06-2011, 06:51 PM

Thats bullshit..Liberal's dont own guns

Bill Cosby
09-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Bad liberals do..........lol

hd79
09-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Guess that makes me one of the "bad" liberals, then!
:D

Pointgold
09-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Looks like Hoffa got his wish today, with the Prezidunce's approval. :thumbsup:

WTG Obama regime! This election is going to be a breeze.

Gary
09-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Looks like Hoffa got his wish today, with the Prezidunce's approval. :thumbsup:

WTG Obama regime! This election is going to be a breeze.

I guess that bearing false witness Commandment just slipped your southern values mind.