PDA

View Full Version : Storms to Droughts, Devastating Extreme Weather Linked to Human-Caused Climate Change

Bill Cosby
06-26-2011, 11:25 PM
(((VIDEO))) (http://www.democracynow.org/2011/5/26/bill_mckibben_from_storms_to_droughts)

2011 has already become the deadliest year for tornado outbreaks in the United States since 1953, with more than 500 people killed. Extreme weather has made headlines across the world, as well, with megafloods occurring in Colombia, Vietnam, Pakistan and Australia, even as the Amazon just faced its second hundred-year drought in the past five years. News audiences are seeing the warning "severe weather" increasingly flash across TV screens, but little connection has been made to the role humans have played in driving climate change. We speak with environmentalist Bill McKibben, founder of the grassroots climate campaign, 350.org. "We’re making the earth a more dynamic and violent place," McKibben says. "That’s, in essence, what global warming is about." [includes rush transcript]

Doomsday The Independent
06-29-2011, 06:33 PM
If you haven't already, I suggest you read my thread in the Blog section of the website.

Bill Cosby
06-30-2011, 01:38 AM
I looked it over a few times........

I was waiting for the anti-AlGorian crusade to arrive........

Doomsday The Independent
06-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Oh it has nothing to do with global warming.....

Gary
07-06-2011, 06:46 AM
(((VIDEO))) (http://www.democracynow.org/2011/5/26/bill_mckibben_from_storms_to_droughts)

2011 has already become the deadliest year for tornado outbreaks in the United States since 1953, with more than 500 people killed. Extreme weather has made headlines across the world, as well, with megafloods occurring in Colombia, Vietnam, Pakistan and Australia, even as the Amazon just faced its second hundred-year drought in the past five years. News audiences are seeing the warning "severe weather" increasingly flash across TV screens, but little connection has been made to the role humans have played in driving climate change. We speak with environmentalist Bill McKibben, founder of the grassroots climate campaign, 350.org. "We’re making the earth a more dynamic and violent place," McKibben says. "That’s, in essence, what global warming is about." [includes rush transcript]

It's all a scam. Just ask any AGW denier!

The government organization that measures precipitation is the same organization that measures temperature. Logic would dictate, if they can't directly measure global temperatures and need to homogenize that data over time and area, they sure can't measure precipitation over a region.

Has anyone ever seen continuous precipitation? Of course not! It's always in drops, flakes, even in fog you can see the particles, so at the local level, the data is homogenized, just like that temperature data is.

There is no drought in the South, just a Redneck scam to get money from the governmnent and increase our taxes! Besides, I checked the Constitution and it didn't say anything about wildfires, dust storms or any weather related problems. The federal government has no authority in these matters, so you good ol' boys are on your own.

Bill Cosby
07-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Gee Gary, you do not sound to sympathetic towards Redneck-Americans..:lmao2:

They want the guVment out of their lives, unless there is a tornado, wildfire, hurricane, drought, flood, excess heat or excess cold, infestation &/or other act of a pissed off gawd............:o

Gary
07-06-2011, 05:24 PM

They want the guVment out of their lives, unless there is a tornado, wildfire, hurricane, drought, flood, excess heat or excess cold, infestation &/or other act of a pissed off gawd............:o

.........or an illegal alien crosses their border.........

I don't like the hypocrisy of having more money spent in their states than they send in revenue, while bitching about government spending. They bitch about crime, while leading the nation in per capita crime stats. They have regressive tax structures that create poverty. By any measure these people are losers and too stupid to see the fruits of their ideology, when it's right in front of their faces.

CosmicRocker
07-06-2011, 05:33 PM

we ned a National Disater fund, instead of going to the Fed's for relief.

Virtually every stae is subject to SOME form of natural disaster.
drought/tornados/hurricanes/ wildfires/ flooding/ whatever.

Pay in to the fund - DON"T let Congress use it/count it as asseta ( like they do with SSA trust), and pay out of it where needed.
But no. we don't wanna -so we just hit up the Fed;s for disaster relief,and wonder why DC is broke.

Bill Cosby
07-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Pay in to the fund - DON"T let Congress use it/count it as asseta ( like they do with SSA trust), and pay out of it where needed.
But no. we don't wanna -so we just hit up the Fed;s for disaster relief,and wonder why DC is broke.

So what happens when Fla gets four major hurricanes in one season & exceeds their fund???

California Chrome
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
So what happens when Fla gets four major hurricanes in one season & exceeds their fund???Gee, I wonder how humans survived all these years without gubmint handout programs? The Great Depression, hurricanes, tornadoes for hundreds of years, and yet.........here we are. :)

Bill Cosby
07-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Gee, I wonder how humans survived all these years without gubmint handout programs? The Great Depression, hurricanes, tornadoes for hundreds of years, and yet.........here we are. :)

Well I guess if all you wanna do is just survive after the next big hurricane that is fine w/ me........... Just stay there though & work it out yourself.......:thumbsup:

California Chrome
07-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Well I guess if all you wanna do is just survive after the next big hurricane that is fine w/ me........... Just stay there though & work it out yourself.......:thumbsup:Don't you wonder though, how the human species is still in existence after all these years? How did they survive all those years without the gubmint to bail them out?

I will survive any hurricane. I always have, and without the gubmint leading me by the hand like a tot. :lmao2:

Bill Cosby
07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Don't you wonder though, how the human species is still in existence after all these years? How did they survive all those years without the gubmint to bail them out?

I will survive any hurricane. I always have, and without the gubmint leading me by the hand like a tot. :lmao2:

You are probably not even aware of just how much the evil guVment helped you ppl out.........

Ppl & the guVment helped out but not always....... As an example in Irland, they just let them starve to death, that was helpful.......:o

In China they just went out & enslaved whom ever they found to build dikes, canals etc...........

After destroying OkieLaHoma & turning it into a dustbowl they got little guVment help as they came here to screw up our state........ TO bad they didn't go to MexicO & help them out.............

Gary
07-06-2011, 09:53 PM

Ain't had any here. Why should we pay for you?