PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann uses Holocaust to illustrate tax point

Bill Cosby
05-01-2011, 02:25 AM
MANCHESTER, N.H. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann on Saturday described the loss of "economic liberty" that young Americans face today as a "flash point of history" in which the younger generation will ask what their elders did to stop it.
In a speech to New Hampshire Republicans, Bachmann recounted learning about a horrific time in history as a child the Holocaust and wondering if her mother did anything to stop it. She said she was shocked to hear that many Americans weren't aware that millions of Jews had died until after World War II ended.
Bachmann said the next generation will ask similar questions about what their elders did to prevent them from facing a huge tax burden (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110430/ap_on_go_co/us_bachmann_holocaust;_ylt=ArzH.PFC1NUfzlr2.TMY5t5 nhVID;_ylu=X3oDMTM5OWJyM3J0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNDM wL3VzX2JhY2htYW5uX2hvbG9jYXVzdARjY29kZQNvZmZwemYzM ARjcG9zAzEwBHBvcwMxMARzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2x rA2JhY2htYW5udXNlcw--).
"I tell you this story because I think in our day and time, there is no analogy to that horrific action," she said, referring to the Holocaust. "But only to say, we are seeing eclipsed in front of our eyes a similar death and a similar taking away. It is this disenfranchisement that I think we have to answer to."
The generation of Americans just entering the work force now could eventually see 75 percent of their earnings sucked up by income taxes, Social Security and Medicare, Bachmann said. Those young workers are going to wonder what people were doing while "watching quite literally our economic liberty pulled out from under us."
[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

"The question comes down to this: what will you say to that next generation about what you did to make sure that wouldn't be their fate?" she said.
Bachmann, along with fellow potential presidential hopefuls Rick Santorum and Tim Pawlenty, spoke at a forum organized by "We the People," a conservative organization created by former congressional candidate Jennifer Horn.

EldonG
05-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Fuck her.

The next generation is going to wonder why we didn't shoulder our share of the fucking RESPONSIBILITY, something the GOP throws around a lot, but apparently has NO UNDERSTANDING of what it means...not that democrats are really any better in the long run.

Revere
05-01-2011, 11:24 AM
The next generation is going to geet screwed with 150% tax increases to pay for Democrats' failed social experiments, and nothing to show for it.

Bill Cosby
05-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Now there is a walk on cloud 9........

What about the gop failed military adventures??

I can hear you now explaining it to your grand kids.......

"I am a republican-the democrats ruined everything", kid replies "what did you do to stop it grandpa", "well kid we had to stop gays first & well we took our eye off the ball", "but grandpa, gays can marry & stuff"...........

"Well we lost that fight, & the war in Central Asia, the one in the Middle East, & North Africa to, oh & the war on drugs, that is why they are legal now, you see"........
:lmao2: :lmao2: :o

2T
05-01-2011, 01:39 PM
The next generation is going to geet screwed with 150% tax increases to pay for Democrats' failed social experiments, and nothing to show for it.

yeah, all to pay for 10% tax breaks for the top 2%

Moby
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
That's interesting since it's Reaganonimcs and Supply Side economics that rely on borrowing and spending.

I know that you're not big on history but if you look at it, until Reagan we had pretty balanced budgets. Reagan was praised for taking on $Trillions of debt. In fact Sean Hannity and Fox News even want him on American currency for creating the massive debt that we have.

Of course, Clinton was able to stabalize the Reagan deficits 12 years after Reagan left office but as Citizen, Minty and Dog point out, that once the GOP took control of both the white house and congress for the first time in 60 years, they immediately went back to the deficits of borrow and spend economics within 1 year.

If you look at history you'll see that only after 1 year the GOP destroyed any hope of our children not having to pay off our debt. In fact, they did it in the first session that they ever had complete control.

Check it out for yourself. It's only based on facts and not talking points.

Moby
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Now there is a walk on cloud 9........

What about the gop failed military adventures??

I can hear you now explaining it to your grand kids.......

"I am a republican-the democrats ruined everything", kid replies "what did you do to stop it grandpa", "well kid we had to stop gays first & well we took our eye off the ball", "but grandpa, gays can marry & stuff"...........

"Well we lost that fight, & the war in Central Asia, the one in the Middle East, & North Africa to, oh & the war on drugs, that is why they are legal now, you see"........
:lmao2: :lmao2: :o
And well the only time in history that our policies created jobs was when Reagan borrowed over $3 trillion dollars of what you have to pay back. :banghead:

How can any even semi-educated person not know who started the borrowing and who blew the balanced budget after the first big batch of borrowing?

ksec
05-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Anyone who uses the holocaust for cheap political points just proves they have no grasp of the horrors of that period. She should shut her yap because everytime she opens that piehole she shows everyone how fkin clueless she is.

2T
05-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Anyone who uses the holocaust for cheap political points just proves they have no grasp of the horrors of that period. She should shut her yap because everytime she opens that piehole she shows everyone how fkin clueless she is.

she should keep right on talking, loudly, into mics and in front of camaras, OFTEN

for exactly that reason

ksec
05-01-2011, 11:33 PM
yeah, all to pay for 10% tax breaks for the top 2%

Yep.

Their budget actually does nothing but add debt so a few billionaires can get tax breaks on the backs of the poor.