PDA

View Full Version : Lock out or not?

Cookie Parker
03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Indianapolis is hosting the 2012 Super bowl....or not?

What's your take?

Udo Dirkschneider
03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I hope the lockout occurs.

I'm pretty fucking sick of all parties involved - owners, players and the NFL fighting over the last gold piece from that mountain of gold that is the NFL.

I hope they lockout and the fanbase becomes disenfranchised and they all lose money.

Fucking greedy fucks, they have a great thing going, the golden goose but they all want more.

Hawkeye2j
03-08-2011, 07:42 PM
For the first time in a labor dispute I am with the players. It is their bodies getting mangled, yet their contracts can be terminated for any reason. Very little is given to players for their health after they retire.
Careers are very short compared to the other sports.

doctordog
03-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I hope they lock the players out and the owners will still get all their network revenue. Players want alll the money without investment.

Hawkeye2j
03-09-2011, 11:46 PM
I hope they lock the players out and the owners will still get all their network revenue. Players want alll the money without investment.
Without investment? It is their bodies and permanent health they invest.

AK Gandy
03-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Without investment? It is their bodies and permanent health they invest.

Exactly. :doh:

Cookie Parker
03-13-2011, 07:45 PM
For the first time in a labor dispute I am with the players. It is their bodies getting mangled, yet their contracts can be terminated for any reason. Very little is given to players for their health after they retire.
Careers are very short compared to the other sports.

I agree. And these aren't just temporary injuries. They are permanent and debilitating.

Reggie
06-08-2011, 02:20 PM
The players get something around 55-60% of the revenue already.

Meanwhile, some of the teams are actually losing money. Remember those great 49er teams? They lost money every year.

If you want parity in the league then you want the owners to win this.

I love football, but I say let them sit the season out. I would be all for the players is all these teams were making money, but that simply isn't the case.

Mac McFadden
06-08-2011, 07:19 PM
There WILL be football this fall.
The season starts on August 26th.

Lingerie Football League
http://www.lflus.com/

Last year's MVP:
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy7/MacMcFadden/lgormanmvp.jpg

Real ladies, playing real football, in real lingerie.

Enjoy!

Mac

Cookie Parker
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM
There WILL be football this fall.
The season starts on August 26th.

Lingerie Football League
http://www.lflus.com/

Last year's MVP:
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy7/MacMcFadden/lgormanmvp.jpg

Real ladies, playing real football, in real lingerie.

Enjoy!

Mac
:lmao2: :lmao2:

doctordog
06-10-2011, 10:59 PM
The players get something around 55-60% of the revenue already.

Meanwhile, some of the teams are actually losing money. Remember those great 49er teams? They lost money every year.

If you want parity in the league then you want the owners to win this.

I love football, but I say let them sit the season out. I would be all for the players is all these teams were making money, but that simply isn't the case.

I agree, it is time the players had a wake up call.

Bill Cosby
06-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Tuff talk.................

Most of you will be begging for ball once it starts getting cold...........

I think you best hope & pray there is a season, cause I bet your wives will surely find something for you to do since you wont be sitting on the couch drinking beer & watching games............. LMAO

Mac McFadden
06-14-2011, 01:27 AM
My wife has already started her "Honey do" list.

Mac

Reggie
06-14-2011, 02:34 AM

I think you best hope & pray there is a season, cause I bet your wives will surely find something for you to do since you wont be sitting on the couch drinking beer & watching games............. LMAO

As long as the SEC doesn't have a lockout I am sure I will be fine . . . .

Bad Sneakers
06-14-2011, 06:55 AM

Don't even care now, just got my season lift tix in the mail. I'll be at Winter Park not giving a shit...

Brian_W
06-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I hope the lockout occurs.

I'm pretty fucking sick of all parties involved - owners, players and the NFL fighting over the last gold piece from that mountain of gold that is the NFL.

I hope they lockout and the fanbase becomes disenfranchised and they all lose money.

Fucking greedy fucks, they have a great thing going, the golden goose but they all want more.

The NFL was dead to me when bars and restaurants could no longer host "Super Bowl" parties without being sued for copyright infringement.

Instead they had to call them "Big Game" parties.

There was also something g about mentioning the names of the teams too. They couldn't say Dolphins, but instead had to refer to them as the team from Miami.

Fuck the NFL. Fuck them in their solid gold buttholes. :D

Bill Cosby
06-14-2011, 12:10 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/dpi/lowres/dpin291l.jpghttp://jokesprank.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/television-jokes-cartoon.gif

doctordog
06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
As long as the SEC doesn't have a lockout I am sure I will be fine . . . .

Same here. There is always something else.

Bill Cosby
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
You betcha there is.......... Mowing lawns, trimming bushes, fixing leaky faucets, cleaning closets or everyones favorite, going shopping on Sunday afternoon to the mall w/ the wifey.................:lmao2: :lmao2:

Mac McFadden
06-14-2011, 06:17 PM
College football is to professional football as lightning bug is to lightning.

College football, where the "owners" (the colleges) make ALL the money and they players (who do all the work) don't get diddly-squat.

Mac

doctordog
06-14-2011, 10:22 PM
You betcha there is.......... Mowing lawns, trimming bushes, fixing leaky faucets, cleaning closets or everyones favorite, going shopping on Sunday afternoon to the mall w/ the wifey.................:lmao2: :lmao2:

You forgot riding motorcycles, college sports, and adult field trips.:thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
06-15-2011, 02:58 AM
You forgot riding motorcycles, college sports, and adult field trips.:thumbsup:

I hope you wife likes those.............

Most guys I know that are into NFL can not think of much else on Sunday or any other day a game is on............

Good luck

doctordog
06-15-2011, 10:32 PM
I hope you wife likes those.............

Most guys I know that are into NFL can not think of much else on Sunday or any other day a game is on............

Good luck

I like it as well and always have but the game has been losing its flair in my opinion. Albert Haynesworth is a perfect example of why the players need to sit for a year.

Bill Cosby
06-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Most guys I know want a season....... They will be jonesing by Sept.........

I lost interest (mostly) about 7 or 8 years ago as it was just becoming a pain watching some of the calls & the ref's trying to figure the crap out.....

It was better when it was simpler....... You got hit, the ball hit the ground, you fumbled the damn ball...........

Reggie
06-16-2011, 01:10 AM
College football is to professional football as lightning bug is to lightning.

College football, where the "owners" (the colleges) make ALL the money and they players (who do all the work) don't get diddly-squat.

Mac

Except for a free college education to a place where many could not even get into otherwise.

They also get free housing and food.

They also get a ton of benefits when they graduate and go into the job market that non-athletes don't get.

Get a fucking clue.

Mac McFadden
06-17-2011, 07:38 PM
They get a few crumbs while the colleges make millions.
Get a fucking clue yourself.

Mac

Reggie
06-18-2011, 12:30 AM
They get a few crumbs while the colleges make millions.
Get a fucking clue yourself.

Mac

And that money is going to science and math departments, which is where it should go since MOST of the sports in college are money losers.

Football and basketball in major universities actually fund the other sports. Univesity of California was actually going to shut down their baseball program because of budget cuts . . . . doesn't sound like they were making all that much money, does it?

You know zero about college athletics and the benefits of playing collegiately.

Between 18-20 years ago I pitched in three NCAA tournaments and I got and am still getting benefits from that in terms of preferential treatment (at least, in some cases) over those who did not play collegiate athletics. Take a look at a local Division I school near you and check out what those guys are doing 10 years after they graduate . . . . . . most likely it is better than others from the same university who graduated with the same degree.

Mac McFadden
06-18-2011, 06:06 PM
You mean the crumbs that are left over go to those other departments AFTER paying for state of the art stadiums, training facilities, and sky boxes for select alums.
My wife works for the local University and I have friends who serve on the budget committee. I know where the money is going.

I helped the Women's Volleyball Team raise the funds they needed to attend the National Championship Tournament a few years ago because the University claimed they didn't have the money to pay for their travel expenses. The following spring they broke ground on a multi-million dollar "upgrade" of Autzen (Football) Stadium.

You know zero about college athletics and the benefits of playing collegiately.
You are ASSUMING "facts not in evidence".

Mac