PDA

View Full Version : Snow Is God's Way of Punishing Americans Planning To Drive To Do Something Gay

Udo Dirkschneider
01-13-2011, 07:19 PM
More credibility from the religious right:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20110101/cm_uc_crabox/op_4716464

Pat Robertson: Snow Is God's Way of Punishing Americans Planning To Drive To Do Something Gay
Andy Borowitz

Creators Syndicate – VIRGINIA BEACH (The Borowitz Report) — Rev. Pat Robertson sparked controversy in today's broadcast of his "700 Club" program when he claimed that God created the blizzard currently battering the Northeast "to punish Americans who were planning to drive to do something gay."

__Explaining his theory, Robertson said, "Because of the bad road conditions the Almighty has made, any gay activities that people were planning on doing will have to be postponed by a day or two."__ Additionally, he argued, God shut down major airports in the New York area "so that people who were hoping to fly to do something of a gay nature would have to take a train or a bus, so it might be days before the gay thing they were going to do could occur."__

As for the millions of straight people in New York City who were also grounded by the bad weather, the televangelist said, "I think God probably wonders: If these people are really straight, then what are they doing in New York?"__

In other blizzard-related news, the National Weather Service offered this update: "It's as white as a Glenn Beck rally out there."

Winter Weather Expected to Dominate Conversations of Boring People

Tedious observations about the severe winter weather are expected to dominate the conversations of uninteresting people for the next 24 to 48 hours, boredom experts warned today.

With blizzard conditions blanketing the Northeast, a powerful front of mind-numbing weather-related banter is expected to pound the Eastern Seaboard from Sunday into Monday, with statements of the obvious stretching from the Carolinas to New England.

"Blizzards like this are when boring people really come alive, unfortunately," said Dr. Davis Logsdon of the University of Minnesota's Meteorology Institute. "I would advise everyone to stay inside and avoid all contact with dull individuals unless it's an absolute emergency."__

Tracy Klugian, 57, a prominent bore from Cincinnati, Ohio, said that she planned to take a break from her scrapbooking hobby to post Facebook updates about the weather on an hourly basis.

"I live for days like this," said Klugian. "I've already said 'so much for global warming' 10 times today."__ And Klugian said she was spending the afternoon calling friends and relatives "to ask if it's cold enough for them."

__"I sure have a lot to say about this snow and everything," she said. "I can't wait until somebody picks up."

tristanrobin
01-13-2011, 07:37 PM
:lmao2:

is this from The Onion?

hd79
01-13-2011, 07:54 PM

is this from The Onion?

I like the line about the blizzard:

In other blizzard-related news, the National Weather Service offered this update: "It's as white as a Glenn Beck rally out there."

Even if it is satire, its still pretty d*** funny!

Keyser Soze
01-13-2011, 07:57 PM

is this from The Onion?

I looked at the link thinking it had to be The Onion!! Funny stuff!

Roger from Ohio
01-13-2011, 08:15 PM
As for the millions of straight people in New York City who were also grounded by the bad weather, the televangelist said, "I think God probably wonders: If these people are really straight, then what are they doing in New York?"

:lmao2: :lmao2:

If he really said this stuff he needs to take his act on the road

:lmao2: :lmao2:

foxbaron
01-13-2011, 08:48 PM

is this from The Onion?

The only problem I have with the Onion is it is not thick enough. Its the funniest newspaper I have ever read.

What America needs is an "Onion" newcast on cable. Can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

Udo Dirkschneider
01-13-2011, 08:53 PM
The only problem I have with the Onion is it is not thick enough. Its the funniest newspaper I have ever read.

What America needs is an "Onion" newcast on cable. Can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

It's called The Colbert Report.

hd79
01-13-2011, 09:15 PM
It's called The Colbert Report.

Borowitz is pretty good himself, though. Did you catch his headline from today?

Fox News Reports No Link Between Matches, Gasoline and Fire

Beck Busts ‘Mainstream Media Myth’

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report (http://tinyurl.com/ipso)) – The Fox News Channel today attempted to bust what it called a “mainstream media myth” by reporting that there was no link between matches, gasoline and fire.
“Gasoline and matches don’t start fires,” said Fox host Glenn Beck. “People start fires.”

Mr. Beck went on to say that there was no link between “oxygen, hydrogen and water.”

Elsewhere, Verizon trumpeted its new iPhone, announcing, “For the first time, consumers will have a choice of which wireless carrier drops their calls.”
http://www.borowitzreport.com/

Colbert and Stewart are definitely the masters, but when it comes to satire, Borowitz is up there as well.

Keyser Soze
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM

There is this I ran across during a search one time. I haven't checked it out...

http://www.ifc.com/onn/cast-and-crew.php?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=the%20onion%20cast&utm_campaign=original%20series

http://www.ifc.com/onn/video.php

:thumbsup:

Udo Dirkschneider
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Borowitz is pretty good himself, though. Did you catch his headline from today?

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

Colbert and Stewart are definitely the masters, but when it comes to satire, Borowitz is up there as well.

I've not read his stuff but I've seen his name being tossed around here and there. I'll have to check it out.

I've always been a big fan of Colbert and Stewart.