PDA

View Full Version : Net Neutrality and crappy little websites

sallyluvsu2
10-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I was Googling some network questions and found this article about Network Neutrality. Actually, the crazy title of the article caught my eye:

Net Neutrality = Large Telcom companies out to rape the common people and their crappy little websites working with prostituting politicians selling out the rights of the citizen they represent so that can put money in their pockets to stay in office.

http://pusz4frog.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/net-neutrality-large-telcom-companies-out-to-rape-the-common-people-and-their-crappy-little-websites-%e2%80%93-working-with-prostituting-politicians-selling-out-the-rights-of-the-citizen-they-repre/

I didn't realize that our right to an equal Internet experience was in jeopardy. I can't believe the stupid Republicans held up the Net Neutrality act.

Yeah, it is clear that the Telco's are paying off the Republican because they will sell there souls cheep. Actually, I think all politicians will sell their souls, maybe not cheep but sell they will.

I hope the FCC will rule that broadband is a telecom service subject to common carrier rules will treat all traffic equally.

Damn Telco's, crappy wireless reception, over-priced services and now they want to rule the Internet and rip us all off. Like my cell phone bill isn't enough of a rip off!!

This is really the first time I have heard of this net neutrality issue.

How big an issue is Net Neutrality for us, the average citizen?

If the Telco's have their way, if I set-up a blog or small website then I would have to pay a lot of money to get the same traffic speed that I would today?

Why would anyone support the idea of letting these Telco's run the Internet and rip us off?

Parade Rain
10-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I was Googling some network questions and found this article about Network Neutrality. Actually, the crazy title of the article caught my eye:

Net Neutrality = Large Telcom companies out to rape the common people and their crappy little websites working with prostituting politicians selling out the rights of the citizen they represent so that can put money in their pockets to stay in office.

http://pusz4frog.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/net-neutrality-large-telcom-companies-out-to-rape-the-common-people-and-their-crappy-little-websites-%e2%80%93-working-with-prostituting-politicians-selling-out-the-rights-of-the-citizen-they-repre/

I didn't realize that our right to an equal Internet experience was in jeopardy. I can't believe the stupid Republicans held up the Net Neutrality act.

Yeah, it is clear that the Telco's are paying off the Republican because they will sell there souls cheep. Actually, I think all politicians will sell their souls, maybe not cheep but sell they will.

I hope the FCC will rule that broadband is a telecom service subject to common carrier rules will treat all traffic equally.

Damn Telco's, crappy wireless reception, over-priced services and now they want to rule the Internet and rip us all off. Like my cell phone bill isn't enough of a rip off!!

If the Telco's have their way, if I set-up a blog or small website then I would have to pay a lot of money to get the same traffic speed that I would today?

Why would anyone support the idea of letting these Telco's run the Internet and rip us off?

Because their campaigns have been paid for by them, that's why.

doctordog
10-26-2010, 09:20 PM

It is a business sweet heart not a hand out.:thumbsup:

Pat
10-26-2010, 09:50 PM

If you want a high-speed blog, then pay for it.
Kind of like a car with leather interior costs more than one with cloth interior.

sallyluvsu2
10-27-2010, 01:31 PM
If you want a high-speed blog, then pay for it.
Kind of like a car with leather interior costs more than one with cloth interior.

That funny. The Net Neutrality issue is not about personal broadband speed.

In someways it is more of a freedom of speech issue.

I wonder how the owner of DC Junkies will feel, when in order to maintain the speed at which you and I currently access this site, they will have to pay X % more.

I wonder how you will feel, when they don't pay that increase cuz they can't afford it - and you start complaining about how long it takes to load a page, or your posts don't go up cuz the server timed out from the slow access speed.

Yeah, nothing is free, and with people having that attitude it will become a reality...

doctordog
10-28-2010, 01:00 AM
As it should be

Moby
10-28-2010, 12:10 PM
It seems that many people don't understand the issues of Net Neutrality but are more than happy to comment on it.

The main issue is not about money, it's about censorship. Without Net Neutrality a telco could decide to block any site it chooses. Telcos won't have to accept the payment or offer quality bandwidth to all sites.

The Neocons don't want it because Rupert Murdoch could purchase a telco and then block every site that exposes the Fox News lies.

It's about censorship and freedom of information.

Parade Rain
10-28-2010, 12:12 PM
It seems that many people don't understand the issues of Net Neutrality but are more than happy to comment on it.

The main issue is not about money, it's about censorship. Without Net Neutrality a telco could decide to block any site it chooses. Telcos won't have to accept the payment or offer quality bandwidth to all sites.

The Neocons don't want it because Rupert Murdoch could purchase a telco and then block every site that exposes the Fox News lies.

It's about censorship and freedom of information.

The censorship is about politics which is dictated and controlled by money.