PDA

View Full Version : Is the only reason you are here-> to fight???

Bill Cosby
09-11-2010, 01:16 PM
To call ppl names??

To cause problems & try to get other ppl banned??

Almost every thread seems to end up the same w/ the same ppl saying the same things to the same ppl.........................

Personally I am getting sick of it & I know SirMoby is as well..........

If that is all you can do, then pls go to it somewhere else..........

The problem is not "them", the problem is "you"..............

In the looking glass is the solution........... Check it out now............

I will read any PM's stating "What I will do", I will not read any that state "What someone else has to do"................

Ya'll have a fun weekend & pls play nice w/ the other kids........

http://www.ubercomments.com/1/thanksForAdd/evil/032.jpg

Pat
09-11-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm only here so moby can use phrases like "neural linguistic programming" and "talking points" when he can't adequately address the point of one of my posts.

slowhand
09-11-2010, 01:26 PM
With all due respect Bill..It has become an exercise in futility to waste the time and effort to reseach, and post videos and articles from reputable sources, to make a point, so that somebody can walk down memory lane, and sling mud at you, when they havent got anything of substance to debunk your arguement

Some ppl here arent interested in the truth, never were..And to that end, they cant even tell the truth about the mud they are slinging at you

Fulltimer
09-11-2010, 01:41 PM
It becomes difficult for me as a new member to participate once the discussion is focused on what a poster posted on another board or even last month on this board.

It's a lot easier to allow each thread to stand on its own and, if necessary, post the same link as a reference as was posted in another discussion rather than simply referring to the other discussion and calling folks names.

The personal attacks are pointless and the drama is a poor replacement for personal interaction in real life.

Pat
09-11-2010, 01:45 PM
With all due respect Bill..It has become an exercise in futility to waste the time and effort to reseach, and post videos and articles from reputable sources, to make a point, so that somebody can walk down memory lane, and sling mud at you, when they havent got anything of substance to debunk your arguement

Some ppl here arent interested in the truth, never were..And to that end, they cant even tell the truth about the mud they are slinging at you

Why dont you mind your own fucking business?

And some don't want people people to respond to their public posts.

Bill Cosby
09-11-2010, 02:37 PM
It becomes difficult for me as a new member to participate once the discussion is focused on what a poster posted on another board or even last month on this board.

It's a lot easier to allow each thread to stand on its own and, if necessary, post the same link as a reference as was posted in another discussion rather than simply referring to the other discussion and calling folks names.

The personal attacks are pointless and the drama is a poor replacement for personal interaction in real life.

Thnx for making those points.......... :thumbsup:

There is no reason or need for you or any new ppl to be involved in the endless squabbles, many are mere vendetta's from years ago......

They have had plenty of time to work it out........

Those that continue will no longer be welcome here.........

They can blame me or someone else, I doubt they will ever blame themselves.........

Que sera sera.........

John Galt
09-11-2010, 03:44 PM
You mean you're getting pm's about this bullshit?

I'm guessing you don't get any from 'the instigators'.

So...whose heads are on the block?

Minty couldn't post the truth, if they paid her 6 cents/post.

She's too busy telling me how her sidekicks are 'schooling' me, when the facts don't support that hogwash.

So...what's worse?

The pages of bullshit discussion, with no facts to back anything up, or the mudslinging that takes place as a result?

Minty is great for post count here. I guess the question is, do you value the perception of a busy community, more than the perception of a quality discussion?

Trinnity
09-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Trolling for sport is what we don't need. I tried ignoring the trolls, and they trolled on just the same. Calling people racist and bigot all day long is not cool.
One person curses profusely. It's ridiculous.
They should tone it down. Is that too much to ask?

I'll do my part, but it's a two way street.

John Galt
09-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Trolling for sport is what we don't need. I tried ignoring the trolls, and they trolled on just the same. Calling people racist and bigot all day long is not cool.
One person curses profusely. It's ridiculous.
They should tone it down. Is that too much to ask?

I'll do my part, but it's a two way street.
Why did you stop using the ignore button?

After years of refusing to use it, I resorted to it on another board, and I found the experience to be very rewarding.

The pages of arguing aren't visible, and the hidden posts take up almost no space.

A LOT less scrolling.

CosmicRocker
09-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Let's RUMBLE!! ( oh crap that name is already taken)

Ok-how about a steel cage match?

Those who can rank out the other guys wins.

Pointgold
09-11-2010, 04:56 PM
You mean you're getting pm's about this bullshit?

I'm guessing you don't get any from 'the instigators'.

So...whose heads are on the block?

Minty couldn't post the truth, if they paid her 6 cents/post.

She's too busy telling me how her sidekicks are 'schooling' me, when the facts don't support that hogwash.

So...what's worse?

The pages of bullshit discussion, with no facts to back anything up, or the mudslinging that takes place as a result?

Minty is great for post count here. I guess the question is, do you value the perception of a busy community, more than the perception of a quality discussion?Why are you bringing me into this and implying I'm the catalyst for this thread? I didn't plan to comment on this thread until I saw this.

Since we're on an open forum, we can ask Bill and SirMoby right now if I'm reporting posts and complaining......?

I am perfectly capable of dealing with message board issues on my own, and my history confirms that. Reporting posts are not my MO. dsolo and Parade Rain can confirm that. What on earth makes you think I'd start now? Or did you just make that up in order to --as usual-- stir the shit and troll?

I think you would be wise to take Bill's advice --as I am-- and start with the man in the mirror. Take inventory of your own actions instead of complaining about everyone else and continually trying to instigate a fight.

Pat
09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Why are you bringing me into this and implying I'm the catalyst for this thread? I didn't plan to comment on this thread until I saw this.

Since we're on an open forum, we can ask Bill and SirMoby right now if I'm reporting posts and complaining......?

I am perfectly capable of dealing with message board issues on my own, and my history confirms that. Reporting posts are not my MO. dsolo and Parade Rain can confirm that. What on earth makes you think I'd start now? Or did you just make that up in order to --as usual-- stir the shit and troll?

I think you would be wise to take Bill's advice --as I am-- and start with the man in the mirror. Take inventory of your own actions instead of complaining about everyone else and continually trying to instigate a fight.
Obviously he likes to fling turds and yet doesn't realize that he has to hold the turd in his hand to do so.
I hope he washes his hands before he eats.

Trinnity
09-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Why did you stop using the ignore button?You might say something worthwhile and I'd miss it. :saywhat: :noway:

John Galt
09-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Why are you bringing me into this and implying I'm the catalyst for this thread? I didn't plan to comment on this thread until I saw this.

I know you better than that. I'm sure you don't report posts.

Trinnfast, on the other hand...

You are a catalyst for the premise of this thread, because of the garbage you post.

Some choose to address you in a milder fashion than others.

You have moments of viciousness...which of course you dismiss as 'giving what I get'.

Bill/Moby must realize that this is what happens on message boards.

Frankly, if they would pay attention to the moon phases, they'd realize that we can't be helped:lmao2:

We just passed the New Moon...very powerful.

Things will calm down for a while, and then we'll have a hell of a good time in about 2 weeks when my favorite...the Full Moon comes around.

That is, if we aren't all banned by then:lmao2:

Trinnity
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
(yawn....)

Pointgold
09-11-2010, 10:05 PM
You are a catalyst for the premise of this thread, because of the garbage you post.

Bill/Moby must realize that this is what happens on message boards.Re-read the OP, and look in the mirror.

I'm starting to think you can't comprehend English.

Cookie
09-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Where did the "Trinnfast" morph of Trinnity come from? Is it an inside joke, which I missed? Seems like the least we could do is call one another by our chosen usernames...

...unless it's something cute or witty the specific poster is ok with. :confused:
________
Babi Mac (http://twitter.com/SwiperboyzBabiM)

Cookie
09-12-2010, 12:27 AM
I read somewhere on here that one of the major complaints from the left is that the posters on the right don't provide backup for their posts. References, links etc.

Okay. Then I must ask a dumb question, so don't laugh at me please.

Is there some way you can copy both the link and the article or parts of the article in one move? Because when I put the link on my clipboard, I can't put the article on it at the same time. I've tried various ways, but they don't work. I have to go back to the article and copy/paste it separately. Which bugs me greately.

Any thoughts about how I can do this without having to go back and forth?
________
YAMAHA YMF262 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_YMF262)

Kana
09-12-2010, 12:59 AM
I read somewhere on here that one of the major complaints from the left is that the posters on the right don't provide backup for their posts. References, links etc.

Okay. Then I must ask a dumb question, so don't laugh at me please.

Is there some way you can copy both the link and the article or parts of the article in one move? Because when I put the link on my clipboard, I can't put the article on it at the same time. I've tried various ways, but they don't work. I have to go back to the article and copy/paste it separately. Which bugs me greately.

Any thoughts about how I can do this without having to go back and forth?

No, there's no way to do that automatically, so you pretty much have to copy and paste one item, go back to the original article, and copy and paste the other. Using the tabs in your browser makes it relatively painless.

There are also pieces of software called "clipboard managers" that allow you to store more than one item on the clipboard, but I've never used any of them, so I can't offer recommendations.

Trinnity
09-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Where did the "Trinnfast" morph of Trinnity come from? Is it an inside joke, which I missed? Seems like the least we could do is call one another by our chosen usernames...
...unless it's something cute or witty the specific poster is ok with. :confused:Thanks for bringing that up, as I have a few things to address to several people. John, PR (and once or twice, nondual) have been calling me fat, when anyone who saw my picture/avi can see I'm not.
Trinnfast (slimfast), chubby, chubster, Denny Crane likes chubby sex, portly ass, stuffing her mouth, etc.

They just look petty and trollish for that sort of thing. PR says she smokes. John supposedly has a beer gut. I don't think they are paragons of healthy living, LOL. Certainly they have no business judging others. Bullying like that is just pathetic. I'm saying it right here and now ---> by their very own words, they have proven themselves to be bullies and trolls.

I don't expect this site to be as civil as PW, but that sort of thing has been cluttering this site with useless distractions. When a person has a partisan difference of opinion with another person, calling their "opponent" names and saying "fuck you, suck my cock, etc, etc, etc, is going to far.

As far as the nastiness I called PR 3 months ago, I apologize. Having said that, she baited and pushed until I was boiling mad. She won't own her part in that, and I doubt she'd ever apologize for it. To her, it's sport.

If someone hits me with an ad hominem attack, I will push back. But not on the level of what others have done - like those listed above. I'm not here to be anyone's punching bag, and I won't accept being made one by anyone.

As far as reporting posts, I have reported one that I can recall in the last few months. Before that, I can't recall reporting any, but if I did, it wasn't often, but rare.

Citations: I was on a site where anything posted by a conservative was challenged by a couple of lefty site trolls who demanded citations constantly, bogging me down with loads of "homework". Then after all that, they would reject it anyway. They would say things like, the Wall Street Journal was just a biased rag. Yet they would quote, huffpo, salon, mediamatters and other far left sources and expect conservatives to respect that.
So, don't expect me to document everything I post to please "you" (liberals). I will give citations sometimes when I deem it appropriate. O/W just consider it an informed opinion.

John Galt
09-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks for bringing that up,
You know nothing about me, so speculating on my health, or beer gut is silly.

I don't drink, eat red meat, or have a beer gut.

I'm in better shape than most people you know.

If you want to post a larger pic of yourself for us to examine, go ahead.

I'm not the one who chose to use my picture in an avatar...you were.

I'm sure there are many who are attracted to your body type. You ain't that bad for a 50 year old, but I like my women a tad taller, with more shape.

It's tough when you start to pack on the pounds, but you don't have the height to disburse the weight.

Staying in shape takes hard work. Just like staying informed does.

It seems that you slack off in both areas.

You posted your pic, no doubt, to get compliments from the guys. I'm sure you got a few on both boards, and you'll get whatever comments we deem fitting here.

Can't deal with it? Maybe you shouldn't fish for compliments by posting your pic?

Refutation of your citations doesn't negate the credibility of the action.

If some idiot chooses to refute your point, based on the source (the same thing every righty does, btw), then they are free to find the info. at a source of their liking.

You cited a goddamned blog, when you had that 'breaking news' about the ranches in Texas. You were too lazy to check your facts, and you looked like an idiot.

In your haste to criticize the media for not covering something that wasn't actually happening....you ruined your credibility.

Then...you claimed that the media should report that there was nothing going on in Texas? That was the funniest thing I've ever read on one of these boards.

Often, when there is an issue, I'll google it, and post one of the first sites that covers it.

If it just happens to be Huffpo, or something similar, I don't care. If the event is happening, you can find your own source, rather than laugh about Huffpo, and dismiss content.

Likewise for lefties....if the event/issue is valid, then they can certainly find a source of their liking, and try to comment on the issue...not the citation.

Citing blogs, however, will get you in trouble more often than not.

Trinnity
09-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Justify your bad behavior any way you like. You'll never own it, that's obvious.

John Galt
09-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Justify your bad behavior any way you like. You'll never own it, that's obvious.
Ditto......

Trinnity
09-12-2010, 09:02 AM
whatever............... :rolleyes:

Hawkeye2j
09-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Ok, time for everybody to start with a clean slate. Let's pretend nobody knows or thinks anything about anybody and start the debate board over.

John Galt
09-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Ok, time for everybody to start with a clean slate. Let's pretend nobody knows or thinks anything about anybody and start the debate board over.
Nice try.

This is all in fun.

You don't really think anyone 'hates' here....do you?

There's no such thing as a clean slate.

An issue arises, the talking points come out, and the cycle starts again.

Message board protocol

Trinnity
09-12-2010, 10:24 AM
It's a nice sentiment, Hawk, but those who troll are instigators, and can't seem to stop themselves from bullying, insulting, calling others racists, haters, bigots.
It would be nice if they could be more civil - good for everyone.

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 12:15 PM
It's a nice sentiment, Hawk, but those who troll are instigators, and can't seem to stop themselves from bullying, insulting, calling others racists, haters, bigots.
It would be nice if they could be more civil - good for everyone.

Hey, Trinn. Did you notice what the purpose of my so-called 'trolling' posts do?

They point out your hypocrisy. Each of your posts that I 'troll' is one in which you're telling everyone to do something that you yourself do not do.

I completely own calling you out on being a bigot, bragging about using your GUNS to take care of the 'illegals' problem. That's what started things between us, Trinn. Your little abortion/cunt meltdown is 100% YOURS to own. No one 'made' you respond that way.

Tell ya what, Trinn? Put on your big girl pants and take what comes here.
Wanna brag about using your guns on Mexicans? Be prepared to get majorly shit on by people related to Mexicans.

Need some ego strokes from the men by way of posting a cutie-pic of yourself? Accept the fact that your shallow compliment-fishing is beneath most of the ADULTS here and they will render an opinion about it.

At any rate, grow the fuck up already.

Wanna start fresh? I'm game.

One more snide post out of you, and you can expect MUCH MORE of my pointing out your hypocritical bullshit, every chance I get.

Deal?

dsolo802
09-12-2010, 12:20 PM
It would be nice if they could be more civil - good for everyone.Try an experiment: post sourced "facts" and argument based upon them - without attitude, labeling that amounts to guilt by association, and attribution to your "adversaries" of the worst motivations you can imagine - and see what that happens in return.

An actual discussion might break out yet.

Moby
09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Enough of the arguing in this thread. We can see by the second post that some are here to ignore issues, facts and just insult others.

No more accusations in this thread. NONE!

There is no need for name calling or trying to frustrate people. If you wish to point out hypocrisy than by all means do so. If you wish to call someone a cunt, accuse them of being fat or ugly then that has nothing to do here.

Take it some where else.

Pat
09-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Enough of the arguing in this thread. We can see by the second post that some are here to ignore issues, facts and just insult others.

There is no need for name calling or trying to frustrate people. If you wish to point out hypocrisy than by all means do so. If you wish to call someone a cunt, accuse them of being fat or ugly then that has nothing to do here.

Take it some where else.
Obviously, Pat is just here to spew talking points garnered from the neural linguistic programmers.. The second post proves it. :thumbsup:

Trinnity
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Try an experiment: post sourced "facts" and argument based upon them - without attitude, labeling that amounts to guilt by association, and attribution to your "adversaries" of the worst motivations you can imagine - and see what that happens in return.

An actual discussion might break out yet.
I did:
http://www.dcjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=15641

You're welcome to participate.

John Galt
09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Obviously, Pat is just here to spew talking points garnered from the neural linguistic programmers.. The second post proves it. :thumbsup:
Congrats....acceptance is the first step..

Good luck on your journey

Cookie
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
No, there's no way to do that automatically, so you pretty much have to copy and paste one item, go back to the original article, and copy and paste the other. Using the tabs in your browser makes it relatively painless.

There are also pieces of software called "clipboard managers" that allow you to store more than one item on the clipboard, but I've never used any of them, so I can't offer recommendations.

Thanks for your response Kana. I'm too often looking for a shortcut these days. :o
________
Vapor genie vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapor-genie)

Cookie
09-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for bringing that up, as I have a few things to address to several people. John, PR (and once or twice, nondual) have been calling me fat, when anyone who saw my picture/avi can see I'm not.
Trinnfast (slimfast), chubby, chubster, Denny Crane likes chubby sex, portly ass, stuffing her mouth, etc.

They just look petty and trollish for that sort of thing. PR says she smokes. John supposedly has a beer gut. I don't think they are paragons of healthy living, LOL. Certainly they have no business judging others. Bullying like that is just pathetic. I'm saying it right here and now ---> by their very own words, they have proven themselves to be bullies and trolls.

I don't expect this site to be as civil as PW, but that sort of thing has been cluttering this site with useless distractions. When a person has a partisan difference of opinion with another person, calling their "opponent" names and saying "fuck you, suck my cock, etc, etc, etc, is going to far.

As far as the nastiness I called PR 3 months ago, I apologize. Having said that, she baited and pushed until I was boiling mad. She won't own her part in that, and I doubt she'd ever apologize for it. To her, it's sport.

If someone hits me with an ad hominem attack, I will push back. But not on the level of what others have done - like those listed above. I'm not here to be anyone's punching bag, and I won't accept being made one by anyone.

As far as reporting posts, I have reported one that I can recall in the last few months. Before that, I can't recall reporting any, but if I did, it wasn't often, but rare.

Citations: I was on a site where anything posted by a conservative was challenged by a couple of lefty site trolls who demanded citations constantly, bogging me down with loads of "homework". Then after all that, they would reject it anyway. They would say things like, the Wall Street Journal was just a biased rag. Yet they would quote, huffpo, salon, mediamatters and other far left sources and expect conservatives to respect that.
So, don't expect me to document everything I post to please "you" (liberals). I will give citations sometimes when I deem it appropriate. O/W just consider it an informed opinion.

Oh, I'm sorry Trinnity. I was wondering if it had something to do with slimfast, which is silly, because you are not chubby!! AND, you look quite young for your age. Don't pay any attention to the insults. The little kids will soon tire of their game and take their ball home with them.
________
MAZDA 787B PICTURE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_787B)

Pat
09-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Congrats....acceptance is the first step..

Good luck on your journey
Once I've mapped the path, I'll send you the GPS coordinates so that you can join me.

Cookie
09-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Nice try.

This is all in fun.

You don't really think anyone 'hates' here....do you?

There's no such thing as a clean slate.

An issue arises, the talking points come out, and the cycle starts again.

Message board protocol

You used to be such a nice guy DEEEZ. What's happened to you? You ought to know by now that taking on a woman's appearance the way you have is no-man's-land...it's just something men shouldn't do.

Attack a person's opinions, but leave appearances out of it, regardless of whether a pic has been posted or not. When someone posts their picture, they are coming from a place of trust (not every act is steeped in vanity). Insulting a person's appearance and/or age related circumstances is just plain mean.

You are a better person than that. I know you are.
________
Nr (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_NR)

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
You used to be such a nice guy DEEEZ. What's happened to you? You ought to know by now that taking on a woman's appearance the way you have is no-man's-land...it's just something men shouldn't do.

Attack a person's opinions, but leave appearances out of it, regardless of whether a pic has been posted or not. When someone posts their picture, they are coming from a place of trust (not every act is steeped in vanity). Insulting a person's appearance and/or age related circumstances is just plain mean.

You are a better person than that. I know you are.

Chiding someone for their weight is so much worse than making jokes about killing someone over their race/ethnicity.

Noted.

Cookie
09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Chiding someone for their weight is so much worse than making jokes about killing someone over their race/ethnicity.

Noted.

I don't know what you are referring to; who has advocated killing someone because of their race??

What does one have to do with the other?
________
Mazda furai picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Furai)

Pointgold
09-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Once I've mapped the path, I'll send you the GPS coordinates so that you can join me.ZING!

Holy shit, Batman. Now THAT was funny. :lmao2::lmao2:

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't know what you are referring to; who has advocated killing someone because of their race??

What does one have to do with the other?

See threads titled "Just like termites after getting your house sprayed!" and "Go Fuck Yourself Mexico".

Cookie
09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
See threads titled "Just like termites after getting your house sprayed!" and "Go Fuck Yourself Mexico".

If I knew about those threads, (can't remember visiting them) wouldn't it have been appropriate to call me out there after I'd made a post? Kinda silly to equate being chubby with something unrelated like that...just sayin'.
________
Drugtest (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
If I knew about those threads, (can't remember visiting them) wouldn't it have been appropriate to call me out there after I'd made a post? Kinda silly to equate being chubby with something unrelated like that...just sayin'.

You're attempting to weigh in on the issue when you don't know enough about what transpired, Cookie.

Cookie
09-12-2010, 04:13 PM
You're attempting to weigh in on the issue when you don't know enough about what transpired, Cookie.

It's irrelevant...attacking someone's appearance is mean. Attack the opinion or position that was taken, it's easy enough to do. Engaging in personal attacks isn't necessary for a thinking and intelligent person.
________
BUY VAPORIZERS (http://vaporizers.net/)

Trinnity
09-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I completely own calling you out on being a bigot, bragging about using your GUNS to take care of the 'illegals' problem. That's what started things between us, Trinn.
Chiding someone for their weight is so much worse than making jokes about killing someone over their race/ethnicity.So that's what set you off? If you had PMd me about it I would have apologized and deleted the post as a matter of courtesy.

If they aren't careful, all the rednecks in America with AK 47s and AR 15s will take it upon themselves to clear up the illegal issue. And they won't pussy foot around like the gov't.
Me and my thirty-ot-six are ready and capable - if necessary. Think I'm kidding?
I'd never want to have to shoot anyone, but you never know what might happen in the future.
No one knows what we, as a nation, might face - tomorrow.

I have been told since then, you are sensitive over the illegals issue because you have relatives in America who are here illegally. I understand it colors your perspective - everyone loves their relatives.

The govt refuses to enforce it's own law - precipitating the AZ law.

As you can see by the original posts, I wasn't referring to shooting someone because of their race/ethnicity. It was about an out of control flow of people coming across the border. Al Qaeda is sending terrs over the border now, human and drug trafficking is going on and we have lost control of large sections of southern AZ. The cartels are growing a lot of pot in our state lands too.
I was referring to what would be an extreme emergency situation - if the govt continued to ignore it and it got so bad, citizens stepped up.

No one wants to have to shoot another human being. I don't know if I could do it. I probably couldn't.

Don't take it personally, it wasn't meant as a threat to your relatives.
Sorry you took it that way.

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=ParadeRain]I completely own calling you out on being a bigot, bragging about using your GUNS to take care of the 'illegals' problem. That's what started things between us, Trinn.[/QUOTESo that's what set you off? If you had PMd me about it I would have apologized and deleted the post as a matter of courtesy.
[QUOTE=Trinnity]Me and my thirty-ot-six are ready and capable - if necessary. Think I'm kidding?[QUOTE=Trinnity]I'd never want to have to shoot anyone, but you never know what might happen in the future.
No one knows what we, as a nation, might face - tomorrow.

The italics were in place in the original quotes.

I have been told since then, you are sensitive over the illegals issue because you have relatives in America who are here illegally. I understand it colors your perspective - everyone loves their relatives.
The govt refuses to enforce it's own law - precipitating the AZ law.

As you can see by the original posts, I wasn't referring to shooting someone because of their race/ethnicity. It was about an out of control flow of people coming across the border. Al Qaeda is sending terrs over the border now, human and drug trafficking is going on and we have lost control of large sections of southern AZ. The cartels are growing a lot of pot in our state lands too.
I was referring to what would be an extreme emergency situation - if the govt continued to ignore it and it got so bad, citizens stepped up.

No one wants to have to shoot another human being. I don't know if I could do it. I probably couldn't.

Don't take it personally, it wasn't meant as a threat to your relatives.
Sorry you took it that way.

You were "told" a steaming pile of horseshit from one of the biggest detractors from civil discourse on this site.

You might want to reconsider how you define credibility and to whom you assign the attribute "credible".

Trinnity
09-12-2010, 06:20 PM
You were "told" a steaming pile of horseshit from one of the biggest detractors from civil discourse on this site.

You might want to reconsider how you define credibility and to whom you assign the attribute "credible".If that is the case, then why is it such a huge big deal to you? And why do you presume to know who told me that? I'm not even sure I know who it was anymore.
I get the feeling there's more to this.

I didn't mean it as a slight to you. You made your point. I said I'm sorry. Let it go.
Peace out.

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 06:23 PM
If that is the case, then why is it such a huge big deal to you? And why do you presume to know who told me that? I'm not even sure I know who it was anymore.
I get the feeling there's more to this.
I didn't mean it as a slight to you. You made your point. I said I'm sorry. Let it go.
Peace out.

I know exactly who told you that because he's said it all over this forum.

However, 'legal' or 'illegal' isn't and wasn't the issue, but the fact that we're talking about Hispanic people.

Regardless of the fact that you are seemingly incapable of recognizing why the comments made were a "big deal", I will certainly let it go provided that you don't bring it back up again. I don't tolerate bigots and their bigotry, on-line or off.

doctordog
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
comparing illegals in this country to unwanted pest in a house is fair, you may not like it but it is a good metaphor to use. You took it personal, it was not posted at the time to be personal.

dsolo802
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks for your response Kana. I'm too often looking for a shortcut these days. :oCopying and pasting an article will usually result in two little white space between paragraphs. So . . .

My best practice involves:

Copy and paste the article to Microsoft Word
From within Word, search on ^p and replace with ^p^p, which will put an extra line break between paragraphs
Go back to your browser to pick up the address/URL to the article. Select and copy it, Control-c
Back in Word, insert the article address as a hyperlink to the article Title.
Select and copy all text from within Word
Click on the AA icon in the upper right corner of the Post Window in DCJunkies
Finally, Control-V to paste into the Window and Submit

It's just that easy!! :) ;)

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 06:34 PM
comparing illegals in this country to unwanted pest in a house is fair, you may not like it but it is a good metaphor to use. You took it personal, it was not posted at the time to be personal.

Your assumption that it could be taken any other way except personally is what makes you a bigot, wayers.

Trinnity
09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
I don't tolerate bigots and their bigotry, on-line or off.You're insinuating I'm a bigot. I'm not a bigot. Take that back.

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm not a bigot. Take that back.

No, Trinnity. I'll take it back when you demonstrate that you're not a bigot. You haven't done that - yet.

And your presumption that I shouldn't have seen your comments as a 'big deal' because my family aren't "illegals" highlights the point.

doctordog
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Your assumption that it could be taken any other way except personally is what makes you a bigot, wayers.

You only took personal because you have hispanic relatives, none of them were mentioned in the post. Hispanics and others that are here "illegally" were targeted.

If I looked at things from your perspective I would have to assume you are a bigot when it comes to fat or chubby people.

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 06:42 PM
You only took personal because you have hispanic relatives, none of them were mentioned in the post. Hispanics and others that are here "illegally" were targeted.

Wrong. Go back and read the threads and your posts on the subject. You had no problem with whatever consequences LEGAL Hispanics would contend with as a result of Arizona's law. You've proven where you stand, over and over again. You don't 'get' why anyone would see it any way other than the way you see it.

If I looked at things from your perspective I would have to assume you are a bigot when it comes to fat or chubby people.

Straw-grasping.

doctordog
09-12-2010, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Parade Rain]Wrong. Go back and read the threads and your posts on the subject. You had no problem with whatever consequences LEGAL Hispanics would contend with as a result of Arizona's law. You've proven where you stand, over and over again. You don't 'get' why anyone would see it any way other than the way you see it.
[QUOTE]

Correct, everyone involved in a traffic stop is required to provide a license and sometimes other forms of ID. Arizona was trying to enforce immigration laws that have been last priority for years even before Obama.

I do not get how you can support illegal immigration at the cost of life, property, and nusiance they put on our states and cities.

Your comments toward people about being big or chubby are signs that you are a bigot. Own it.

Pat
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
No, Trinnity. I'll take it back when you demonstrate that you're not a bigot. You haven't done that - yet.

And your presumption that I shouldn't have seen your comments as a 'big deal' because my family aren't "illegals" highlights the point.
From what I've seen, you are so close-minded that nobody can prove anything to you.

serum114
09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I keep seeing references to 'PW' here..What is PW?

It's Political Wrinkles another board.

Parade Rain
09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
I keep seeing references to 'PW' here..What is PW?

It's another forum called "Political Wrinkles". Some nice folks there - and a few from here as well.

Unfortunately, the admin there is on a permanent power trip and has felt the need to neuter everyone there, even going so far as to set up the 'word filter' function so delicate ears don't get offended by words like 'shit', 'fuck', etc.

'Nigger', 'faggot', and 'kike' are okay, though.

Pointing this out is how I got my ass banned over there. :lmao2:

John Galt
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM

Maybe he thought you were a black, gay, jew?

Cookie
09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Copying and pasting an article will usually result in two little white space between paragraphs. So . . .

My best practice involves:

Copy and paste the article to Microsoft Word
From within Word, search on ^p and replace with ^p^p, which will put an extra line break between paragraphs
Go back to your browser to pick up the address/URL to the article. Select and copy it, Control-c
Back in Word, insert the article address as a hyperlink to the article Title.
Select and copy all text from within Word
Click on the AA icon in the upper right corner of the Post Window in DCJunkies
Finally, Control-V to paste into the Window and Submit

It's just that easy!! :) ;)

:disbelief: :D

Thank you for your response as well. I think it's over my weary old head, however. I think I will save this to a file and someday give it a shot. The worst that will happen is I won't have success in copying/pasting the article I want to use, lol.
________
Suzuki X-90 Specifications (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_X-90)

Pat
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
It's another forum called "Political Wrinkles". Some nice folks there - and a few from here as well.

Unfortunately, the admin there is on a permanent power trip and has felt the need to neuter everyone there, even going so far as to set up the 'word filter' function so delicate ears don't get offended by words like 'shit', 'fuck', etc.

Bwahahahaha
That's not why you were banned.
But you go ahead and believe that if it helps your self esteem.

Hawkeye2j
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
"God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy..."

Pat
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
"God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy..."
You got 2 out of 3 right.

John Galt
09-12-2010, 07:54 PM

Thank you for your response as well. I think it's over my weary old head, however. I think I will save this to a file and someday give it a shot. The worst that will happen is I won't have success in copying/pasting the article I want to use, lol.
Easy enough to search an article in another window, and c/p the article here.

Then, as Kana said, return to that window and c/p the link.

Pretty easy.

Cookie
09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Easy enough to search an article in another window, and c/p the article here.

Then, as Kana said, return to that window and c/p the link.

Pretty easy.

I've been doing it that way and I find it cumbersome. I was hoping since many of you do cut/paste the article and link, there was an easier way of doing it. Something those of you who are more computer savy than I might know of.
________
Yamaha psr-185 history (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_PSR-185)

John Galt
09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I've been doing it that way and I find it cumbersome. I was hoping since many of you do cut/paste the article and link, there was an easier way of doing it. Something those of you who are more computer savy than I might know of.
I'm the least computer saavy person here...

When you see the article w/the link, it's because we did it the way it's been explained.
There are various ways...take your pick.

Hawkeye2j
09-12-2010, 08:05 PM
You got 2 out of 3 right.
Which 2????

dsolo802
09-12-2010, 08:32 PM

Thank you for your response as well. I think it's over my weary old head, however. I think I will save this to a file and someday give it a shot. The worst that will happen is I won't have success in copying/pasting the article I want to use, lol.I have one of those too - weary old head.

I have found this practice works very well. It is more work than one should have to do - especially with a hobby - but it turns out not to actually be that time-consuming.

Pat
09-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Which 2????
Beer and people.
In fact, some people are so crazy or so drunk, they attribute things to god.

Bill Cosby
09-13-2010, 11:21 AM

Take it some where else.

Yep........................ :thumbsup: