PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for animals

Bill
09-03-2007, 04:45 AM
Fewer hunters = a sicker environment?

As we get more and more isolated from nature.

Thing is, I don't hunt anymore, myself.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FEWER_HUNTERS?SITE=MABOC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-09-02-16-53-37

Linkster
09-04-2007, 12:50 AM
I guess people are finding its more fun to shoot their neighbors and wives than having to track an animal :lmao2:

On a serious note - one thing the article doesnt address is that in some areas that are still ripe hunting areas, the drop in hunters has lead to an increase (actually a huge one) of auto accidents and human deaths by deer on highways and back roads - and the over-population of deer in some areas is leading to diseases that (I guess as nature intended) will wipe out whole packs of animals. I live in an area where when I was driving to work in the mornings (usually starting about this time of year) you have to slow down to a crawl on some roads to avoid being hit by running deer - and believe me they do leave sizable dents in cars when they hit you. Ive only lost two friends to headons with deer in the last 10 years or so - in both cases the deer were so large the cars were totalled and the driver had no chance.

Jennifer
09-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Honestly, I think the best solution is to use the national guard to cull the population of over abundant animals, cook the animals and serve them to the poor and hungry of this nation.

It's a win for the environment, it's a win for the military (they get to train) and it's a win for the poor.

Besides, the guardsmen get paid if we use them or not. May as well use them!

juggernaut
09-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Besides, the guardsmen get paid if we use them or not. May as well use them!Don't know where you have been for the last 5 years, but I'm pretty sure the 6500 that I helped deploy 3 years ago would tell you they were used for more then just 1 weekend per month.

LadyMod at scam.com
09-13-2007, 12:27 AM
We would have more hunters if there were more BLM lands open to hunting and fewer private leases that make the cost of hunting so extreme that it's hardly worth the effort.

LM

Marlboro
09-22-2007, 05:41 PM
We would have more hunters if there were more BLM lands open to hunting and fewer private leases that make the cost of hunting so extreme that it's hardly worth the effort.

LM

I agree, we need more controlled hunts or more doe birth control..Its not the deers fault...we are taking over all of their habitat...that goes for all animals that are now or will be on the endangered species list...humans will find themselves on this list if we don't begin exercising birth control. This planet cannot support the numbers....simple truth