PDA

View Full Version : Want to introduce myself

Stormy
08-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Howdy everyone. I wandered upon this site by total accident. Seems to be a cool place so here I am.

Though I belong to no party I am a hard core conservative.

Hope to see you all on the boards and I look forward to some spirited discussions.

Linkster
08-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Welcome Stormy - when you say conservative - are you referring to Goldwater type conservatism or the plastic stuff spouted on Fox these days?

Stormy
08-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Welcome Stormy - when you say conservative - are you referring to Goldwater type conservatism or the plastic stuff spouted on Fox these days?
Hey Linkster. Thank you for the welcome.

I would say I am further right than Goldwater but left of the extremists.

Linkster
08-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow - further right of Goldwater? Will definitely make for some interesting discussions :)
You seem to have some interest in NOLA - you from those parts? Im near there (near enough to get down there every Feb anyway)

Stormy
08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow - further right of Goldwater? Will definitely make for some interesting discussions :)
You seem to have some interest in NOLA - you from those parts? Im near there (near enough to get down there every Feb anyway)
Born and raised right outside of Baton Rouge. Currently live in deep south Alabama.

Makes for great fun during football season.

Geaux LSU!

WOOT!

Linkster
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I imagine it does - I remember visiting a small town called Dothan on a small assignment a few years back and noting the intense rivalry between the schools in the fall - but then it didn't differ much from the great battles we had at UT with Florida
Go Vols!
Im in western Miss now and see the Geaux stickers all the time since Mississippi doesnt have a football team :lmao2:

Stormy
08-26-2007, 10:21 PM
I imagine it does - I remember visiting a small town called Dothan on a small assignment a few years back and noting the intense rivalry between the schools in the fall - but then it didn't differ much from the great battles we had at UT with Florida
Go Vols!
Im in western Miss now and see the Geaux stickers all the time since Mississippi doesnt have a football team :lmao2::))

Yeah, man LSU has their first scrimmage against Mississippi State in a few days. Of course MS calls it a game. :lmao2:

Oh man with Saban at Al this year it will be all the sweeter when we walk on that field in November. I just love the tension.

I have a good friend born and raised in Dothan. Not too far from me now.

Bill
08-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Hey dude, welcome - so, what is a right-of-goldwater conservative in to these days?

What are the issues?

Stormy
08-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey dude, welcome - so, what is a right-of-goldwater conservative in to these days?

What are the issues?Hello Bill. That would be "Dudedette" and thank you for the welcome. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. Life has been a tad chaotic.

What is THIS conservative into these days? Oh the boring stuff like illegal immigration, border security, American labor rights. Those kinds of things.

As for being "right of Goldwater." I actually read that line somewhere the other day and it amused me so I used it.

I would say I am about inline with Goldwater.

Bill
08-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Ahhhh, my apologies, it was a 50/50 shot, I rolled my dice, and was wrong. ;-}

So whattya think - razor wire, big wall, or electronic fence?

American labor rights - that doesn't usually fall into the conservative keyword pool - what does that mean?

Stormy
08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Ahhhh, my apologies, it was a 50/50 shot, I rolled my dice, and was wrong. ;-}

So whattya think - razor wire, big wall, or electronic fence?

American labor rights - that doesn't usually fall into the conservative keyword pool - what does that mean?
:))

All of the above plus U.S. Military that actually has bullets in their weapons.

American Labor rights. I am tired of us exporting American jobs and importing foreign labor (illegal and legal).

http://stormythoughts.blogspot.com/2007/08/only-immigrants-will-fill-these-jobs-no.html

I believe Companies on U.S. soil that hire immigrants should have to prove they have done all that is possible to fill that position with a qualified U.S. Citizen.

Of course now we know the federal government is the largest employer of illegals.

Bill
08-28-2007, 06:31 PM
I believe Companies on U.S. soil that hire immigrants should have to prove they have done all that is possible to fill that position with a qualified U.S. Citizen.

Of course now we know the federal government is the largest employer of illegals.

Ahhh, kind of a mix of anti-immigrantism and anti-freetradeism.

Well, I'm opposed to the "free trade" corporatist swindle, that's for sure.

If you want to trade the war on drugs for a war on mexicans, I'll sign on that, reluctantly, because it's going to be expensive.

Bill
08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
For me, american labor is a security issue.

If we don't keep a base of manufacturing, agriculture, energy, and infrastructure inside this country, independent of the economies of other countries, we are always at risk, in an increasingly unstable world.

Linkster
08-29-2007, 02:18 AM
I would say I am about inline with Goldwater.

So you are for the independence from government, a flat tax and liberalism for the people with no encroachment on their freedoms whatsoever as well as each person no matter their race, ethnicity, background treated equally and no governement interference in social programs whatsoever? I happen to agree with this position but I just wanted to make sure :)