PDA

View Full Version : ISLAM vs CHRISTIANITY.........

Pages : 1 [2]

Smurf-Herder
02-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey Boogie Man and Evironment Man, what are your opinions on everything we're seeing, economically, militarily, terrorism wise, natural disaster wise, disease wise, corruption of leaders in all sectors, all the way down to the group-think of various peoples and movements ... all being signs and symptoms of the beginning of the apocalypse?

Environment Man
02-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey Boogie Man and Evironment Man, what are your opinions on everything we're seeing, economically, militarily, terrorism wise, natural disaster wise, disease wise, corruption of leaders in all sectors, all the way down to the group-think of various peoples and movements ... all being signs and symptoms of the beginning of the apocalypse?

Yeah. We're doomed.

Last days and times.

I pity for the things my son will have to live through.

I will probably be worm food.

Yet it all must happen. For in the end there will come the Resurrection.

And a new human paradigm will last until time indefinite.

Smurf-Herder
02-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah. We're doomed.

Last days and times.

I pity for the things my son will have to live through.

I will probably be worm food.

Yet it all must happen. For in the end there will come the Resurrection.

And a new human paradigm will last until time indefinite.

Then there's really no hope at this point of things getting much better. I've been thinking a lot about it lately, how the whole world seems like it's on a runaway train going down a mountainside.

slowhand
02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh we are in agreement.

We both will hopefully live forever in communion with God and Jesus.

The other stuff is just dressing.

Then you had better have a talk with Santa about the coal in your stocking every Christmas

Boogie man
02-12-2010, 11:00 AM
It's looking more and more like the 1930's. Hitler wanted to control all of Europe. Ibeanutjob and his clerics want to control all of the ME. Israel and the USA stand in their way. This time it looks biblical. Only God knows. If China turns on us, better get prayed up.

Environment Man
02-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Then there's really no hope at this point of things getting much better. I've been thinking a lot about it lately, how the whole world seems like it's on a runaway train going down a mountainside.

Just enjoy the ride to the extent you can man.

And educate your kids to what is coming.

God will not give us more than we can stand.

The only thing you can take to the grave that means anything is your integrity.

Environment Man
02-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Then you had better have a talk with Santa about the coal in your stocking every Christmas

So dour.

Is that clean coal?

Can I get a carbon offset if I don't burn it?

Is is lignite?

Anthracite?

Low sulfur?

Santa isn't real you know.

Environment Man
02-12-2010, 05:03 PM
It's looking more and more like the 1930's. Hitler wanted to control all of Europe. Ibeanutjob and his clerics want to control all of the ME. Israel and the USA stand in their way. This time it looks biblical. Only God knows. If China turns on us, better get prayed up.

Or move to China.

David Lyle Segal
02-14-2010, 10:41 PM
The Biblical prophecies on the advent of the Prophet Muhammad are evidence of the truth of Islam for people who believe in the Bible. In Deuteronomy 18, Moses stated that God told him: “I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers;"(Deuteronomy 18:18-19).1

Sorry, IR, but it's dishonest (or just ignorant -- take your choice) to twist the Bible's words just to suit your religious purposes. "Brethren" doesn't refer to the Ishmaelites at all, but to the Jews themselves. At no time during the life of Moses (Exodus through Deuteronomy) did Hashem refer to the Ishmaelites (or any other tribes) as "brothers" of the Jews. Your translation scrambles the holy text that Jewish sources report, and thus leads you to an erroneous conclusion about Mohammed that is clearly not intended. Your translation moves the words "like you" away from their position in the sentence to lead you to a wrong conclusion. The authoritative Arstscroll (Stone Edition) places the words, "like you", farther down the sentence; they relate to the "brethren", not to the "prophet":

"I will establish a prophet for them from among their brethren, like you, ..."

Moses was obviously a brother among the Jews, but he wasn't a brother to the Ishmaelites. Moreover, Hashem didn't compare the future prophet to Moses at all, but only to his service to Hashem as a faithful communicator of Hashem's words:

"... and I will place My words in his mouth. He shall speak to them everything that I will command him."

I know how important this analysis is to your theory about Mohammed, but your argument shouldn't proceed from a false translation. Try again.

David Segal

David Lyle Segal
02-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Also, one notices from the Gospel of John that the Jews were waiting for the fulfillment of three distinct prophecies. The first was the coming of Christ. The second was the coming of Elijah. The third was the coming of the Prophet. This is obvious from the three questions that were posed to John the Baptist: “Now this was John’s testimony, when the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Christ.” They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.” (John 1:19-21). If we look in a Bible with cross-references, we will find in the marginal notes where the words “the Prophet” occur in John 1:21, that these words refer to the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:15 and 18:18.2 We conclude from this that Jesus Christ is not the prophet mentioned in Deuteronomy 18:18.

If you are going to put words in the Jews' mouths, please don't rely on one of Christ's followers as your authority. Use a Jewish text to show that the Jews were waiting the coming of Christ or Mohammed. If you can.

Hint: Relying on mis-translations is not a good place to start, either.

David Segal

David Lyle Segal
02-14-2010, 11:07 PM
On Arabic language web sites they use the Islamic month, day, and year. :)

Are those examples of your Muslim "Indian reservations", IR?

David Segal