PDA

View Full Version : Wayers57- Let's rebuild,revamp,and rediscover ourselves.

doctordog
10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I would like to have a positive blog about our country not just from the left or right point of view but from the libertarians, independents, christians, and non-christians.

I want to see suggestions on improving on what we have, what we need, and what we are doing well. I do not want to be reading complaints about our current or past administrations but where you would like to see us 10 years down the road, 20, 30, 50 or even 100 years. It does not have to be limited to politics, it can include things like technology, the human way of thinking and processing thoughts into usable information, or a current program that could be improved. We can also talk the future of our kids, grandkids, and ourselves.

It is ok to start out with something that could be considered a negative as long a positive solution accompanies it i.e. "Senators are runining this country because they are allowed to keep their seats if relected indefinitely, we should request a change to 4, 8, or 12 years allowing new ideas to change and improve our daily lives."

Remember, end your thoughts on a positive solution.:thumbsup:

doctordog
10-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I would like to see a minimum resume for anyone that runs for President that includes but not limited to:

1. Minimum MBA education in any field that requires critical thinking i.e. Engineering, Economics, Chemistry, Biology, or Psychology.

2. A large number of hours dedicated to community service in the US whether we are talking FEMA type work, Habitat for Humanity, etc.

3. Accomplishments and success stories must have taken place in a teamn environment where compromise, negotiating, coaching, motivational, and counseling skills were performed.

4. (sticky one here) IMO- No one should be considered that has kids younger than 16 when moving into the White House. We all see what is required of the President and their wives, so how supportive and influential can they really be?

5. Raise the minimum age to 44-46. How many people really believe someone is ready to lead at 35?

6. Friends, campaign managers, past working associates are not qualified candidates for cabinet or advisor positions. One idea I have is to form an executive board that is made up of past Presidents, VP's, and cabinet members.

7. The President and VP are separate races, just like governor and Lt. Governor.

8. Any money generated books, speeches, endowments, and other incomes resulting directly from being President are to be taxed 50% with that money used for education, transporation, or job development.

That is a start, any ideas?

Bill Cosby
10-17-2009, 02:28 AM
So what it is it-who that you have in mind???

MarkMiller
10-17-2009, 03:59 AM
I would like to see a minimum resume for anyone that runs for President that includes but not limited to:

1. Minimum MBA education in any field that requires critical thinking i.e. Engineering, Economics, Chemistry, Biology, or Psychology.

I want an intelligent President, not necessarily and educated one. Limiting the field by a minimum education....would give us an even more ignorant president.

I2. A large number of hours dedicated to community service in the US whether we are talking FEMA type work, Habitat for Humanity, etc.

I agree that everyone should volunteer, but many people are in need of the help and shouldn't counted out because they received help and not gave it.

I3. Accomplishments and success stories must have taken place in a teamn environment where compromise, negotiating, coaching, motivational, and counseling skills were performed.

Absolutely NOT. A requirement of working together does not mean that you only choose people based on a laundry list, besides there are plenty of people that have individual accomplishment that are worthy of the presidency.

I4. (sticky one here) IMO- No one should be considered that has kids younger than 16 when moving into the White House. We all see what is required of the President and their wives, so how supportive and influential can they really be?

Ridiculous....and anti family. What...are you trying to destroy the family unit or just the symbol that you can have it all?

I5. Raise the minimum age to 44-46. How many people really believe someone is ready to lead at 35?

I do, in fact 33 is even more reasonable.

I6. Friends, campaign managers, past working associates are not qualified candidates for cabinet or advisor positions. One idea I have is to form an executive board that is made up of past Presidents, VP's, and cabinet members.

Based on what? Just being associated with the President? No, that would mean the entire system would require someone to bring in people he does not know and is problematic.

I7. The President and VP are separate races, just like governor and Lt. Governor.

No....but I would like to do away with the VP choice given to the candidate. The wasted votes and support of the second choice in a primary comes close to tearing apart the parties on both sides and create political animosity that is purposely designed to shut up the loosing side and their supporters.

VP should always be a vote of the people but not of the general voting population just the individual party during the primary process.

I8. Any money generated books, speeches, endowments, and other incomes resulting directly from being President are to be taxed 50% with that money used for education, transporation, or job development.

That is a start, any ideas?
That is not going to happen. First off that is taxation without representation. The president cannot be taxed at a hirer rate than the people, and it's just anti capitalism.

slowhand
10-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Today is Sunday..Shrinks dont work on Sunday

CosmicRocker
10-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Today is Sunday..Shrinks dont work on SundaySunday?? WTF?

I've heard of daylight savings time, and leapyear, but not "skip Saturday"

slowhand
10-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Sunday?? WTF?

I've heard of daylight savings time, and leapyear, but not "skip Saturday"

Ooopsss...Thats what happens when you're on SSDI..You forget what day it is

Thats ok..no shrinks working on Saturday either

CosmicRocker
10-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Ooopsss...Thats what happens when you're on SSDI..You forget what day it is
Thats ok..no shrinks working on Saturday either
Pull up a couch, I got a Batchelor's degree in Psych.

Just enough to give you some cliche' pop psychology.

as Lucy used to say in the " Peanuts " comic strip /
"That will be 5 cents please"

doctordog
10-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Today is Sunday..Shrinks dont work on Sunday

You of all people should be the expert on that, does AA even meet on Sunday?:lmao2:

doctordog
10-17-2009, 04:50 PM
I want an intelligent President, not necessarily and educated one. Limiting the field by a minimum education....would give us an even more ignorant president.

I can see your point here but let's be real we don't want someone out of the sticks with very little culture, reasoning, and problem solving skills.

I agree that everyone should volunteer, but many people are in need of the help and shouldn't counted out because they received help and not gave it.

I disagree here, like of giving show lack of compassion, we definitely need this trait in the leader of our country.

Absolutely NOT. A requirement of working together does not mean that you only choose people based on a laundry list, besides there are plenty of people that have individual accomplishment that are worthy of the presidency.

Bush was an individual and see how well he worked with the team (Congress) and the United Nations. We don't need anymore individuals that think their opinions are the only opinions.

Ridiculous....and anti family. What...are you trying to destroy the family unit or just the symbol that you can have it all?

So you advocate children growing up without the influence of their fathers and mothers. That my firend is destroying the family unit.

I do, in fact 33 is even more reasonable.]

This is the worst one of your replies for instance, you think someone with an MBA with a maximum of 5-6 years in the business world should lead the country, c'mon that is ridiculous. We are seeing what lack of experience is doing to us now, imagine if Obama was only 33.

Based on what? Just being associated with the President? No, that would mean the entire system would require someone to bring in people he does not know and is problematic.

Postions for friends takes away accountability and limits ideas to a base of ideas similar to yours. Think about it.

That is not going to happen. First off that is taxation without representation. The president cannot be taxed at a hirer rate than the people, and it's just anti capitalism.

No, that is repayment for free room and board, all entertaining, all expenses for 4 or 8 years. The revenue from the book is directly related to the expense paid job provided by the taxpayers. The living one makes after their terms is why so much money is spent to get there.

MarkMiller
10-17-2009, 05:07 PM
The word senate is derived from the Latin word senex, which translates to "old man" giving the word the meaning of "assembly of elders".

The old have always ruled as wise for thousands of years, but it's the younger rulers and leaders that achieved the greatest things....Alexander the Great for example.

doctordog
10-17-2009, 05:48 PM
The word senate is derived from the Latin word senex, which translates to "old man" giving the word the meaning of "assembly of elders".

The old have always ruled as wise for thousands of years, but it's the younger rulers and leaders that achieved the greatest things....Alexander the Great for example.

Are you referring to the young boy that was given the throne after the assassination of his father, had hunger to conquer and marched his armies for the better part of 12 years only to die 13 years after receiving the throne at the ripe old age of 32? Following his death his so called empire was torn apart with civil war. Surely you can do better than that?

MarkMiller
10-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Are you referring to the young boy that was given the throne after the assassination of his father, had hunger to conquer and marched his armies for the better part of 12 years only to die 13 years after receiving the throne at the ripe old age of 32? Following his death his so called empire was torn apart with civil war. Surely you can do better than that?
No....that's the one.

I figured a year older than when he died would give room for error.

doctordog
10-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Notice he became Emperor at 15 and Japan was still in the stone age, during his reign they changed poltically and socially becoming an industrialized nation.

The Meiji Emperor (明治天皇, Meiji-tennō?) (3 November 1852 30 July 1912) or Meiji the Great was the 122nd emperor of Japan according to the traditional order of succession, reigning from 3 February 1867 until his death.

Like all his predecessors, since his death he has been referred to by a posthumous name. Upon his death a new tradition of giving the late emperor the name of the era coinciding with his reign was established. Having ruled during the Meiji era (Enlightened rule), he is now known as Emperor Meiji.

His personal name was Mutsuhito (睦仁?), and although outside of Japan he is sometimes called by this name or Emperor Mutsuhito, in Japan emperors are referred to only by their posthumous names. Use of an emperor's personal name would be considered too familiar, or even blasphemous.

At the time of his birth in 1852, Japan was an isolated, pre-industrial, feudal country dominated by the Tokugawa Shogunate and the daimyo, who ruled over the country's more than 250 decentralized domains. By the time of his death in 1912, Japan had undergone a political, social, and industrial revolution at home (See Meiji Restoration) and emerged as one of the great powers on the world stage.

A detailed account of the State Funeral in the New York Times concluded with an observation: "The contrast between that which preceded the funeral car and that which followed it was striking indeed. Before it went old Japan; after it came new Japan."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Meiji

MarkMiller
10-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Notice he became Emperor at 15 and Japan was still in the stone age, during his reign they changed poltically and socially becoming an industrialized nation.

The Meiji Emperor (明治天皇, Meiji-tennō?) (3 November 1852 30 July 1912) or Meiji the Great was the 122nd emperor of Japan according to the traditional order of succession, reigning from 3 February 1867 until his death.

Like all his predecessors, since his death he has been referred to by a posthumous name. Upon his death a new tradition of giving the late emperor the name of the era coinciding with his reign was established. Having ruled during the Meiji era (Enlightened rule), he is now known as Emperor Meiji.

His personal name was Mutsuhito (睦仁?), and although outside of Japan he is sometimes called by this name or Emperor Mutsuhito, in Japan emperors are referred to only by their posthumous names. Use of an emperor's personal name would be considered too familiar, or even blasphemous.

At the time of his birth in 1852, Japan was an isolated, pre-industrial, feudal country dominated by the Tokugawa Shogunate and the daimyo, who ruled over the country's more than 250 decentralized domains. By the time of his death in 1912, Japan had undergone a political, social, and industrial revolution at home (See Meiji Restoration) and emerged as one of the great powers on the world stage.

A detailed account of the State Funeral in the New York Times concluded with an observation: "The contrast between that which preceded the funeral car and that which followed it was striking indeed. Before it went old Japan; after it came new Japan."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Meiji
He created social disorder and reigned very violently. The Japanese worshiped their Emperor as a god and they got away with many things simply because they were Devinne, not good leaders.

doctordog
10-17-2009, 07:15 PM
He created social disorder and reigned very violently. The Japanese worshiped their Emperor as a god and they got away with many things simply because they were Devinne, not good leaders.

Alexander was very violent as well:lmao2:

I think their lifestyle is why you favor them.

MarkMiller
10-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Alexander was very violent as well:lmao2:

I think their lifestyle is why you favor them.
Or maybe it's because as a person of Japanese ancestry who was born in Japan I am more aware of how it worked in that particular country.

Please, read that wiki article you posted....the emperor didn't even have ruling power, the Samurai did. Not until the Samurai were outlawed and murdered did parliament begin to rule in accordance to the Emperors wishes.

doctordog
10-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Or maybe it's because as a person of Japanese ancestry who was born in Japan I am more aware of how it worked in that particular country.

Please, read that wiki article you posted....the emperor didn't even have ruling power, the Samurai did. Not until the Samurai were outlawed and murdered did parliament begin to rule in accordance to the Emperors wishes.

That was part of the political and social advances made in his term. Then they became industrailized. I like japanese history as it is clearly a society of honor and responsibility.

slowhand
10-17-2009, 09:12 PM
You of all people should be the expert on that, does AA even meet on Sunday?:lmao2:

Yes..Im saving you a seat :lmao2:

doctordog
10-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes..Im saving you a seat :lmao2:

Great! 'Hello" my name is wayers57 and I like to drink beer, whiskey, hooch, moonshine, and Thunderbird when the budget is tight.:lmao2:

Bill Cosby
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Alright you are already for step two now............

Just gotta accept who you are & those things you can not change..........

Then you will be ready for step three..... Not sure what that is but I think you will find it fun........... lol

doctordog
10-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Alright you are already for step two now............

Just gotta accept who you are & those things you can not change..........

Then you will be ready for step three..... Not sure what that is but I think you will find it fun........... lol

What Cos? :lmao2:

Bill Cosby
10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
http://content.pyzam.com/graphics/5/MJZ2339.gif

doctordog
10-18-2009, 04:34 PM
http://content.pyzam.com/graphics/5/MJZ2339.gif

Oh, yes it is football Sunday, the wings and brats is gone, Corona gone, plenty of guiness and some makers mark though!:D

Bill Cosby
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL........ What game you watching???

doctordog
10-18-2009, 05:17 PM
LOL........ What game you watching???

Right now I am watching Seattle/ Cards & Buffalo/ Jets, I play fantasy footbal for money and Hasselbeck and Lynch are letting me down. I have only scored 2 points since these second games started. I scored 97 in the first games today.

If you have directv I highly reccomend Superfan with redzone, you get to see all the games in HD.:thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
10-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I have that....... 55 HD................

I don't watch lots of games any more..........

doctordog
10-18-2009, 05:48 PM
I have that....... 55 HD................

I don't watch lots of games any more..........

I have a 52 Bravia

Bill Cosby
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Nice................. :)

doctordog
10-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Nice................. :)

I would like to upgrade the surround sound as I only have two optic connections and would like to have 4. Do you have one?

Bill Cosby
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I have surround sound........

I don't always use it unless I am listening to music or a movie.........

I am going to set sat network in a few months after this deal I have expires...

doctordog
10-18-2009, 09:05 PM
I have surround sound........

I don't always use it unless I am listening to music or a movie.........

I am going to set sat network in a few months after this deal I have expires...

Sometimes I just listen to XM/Sirius on the surround sound while on here, I like that just as much as TV.

Bill Cosby
10-18-2009, 09:47 PM
We have a couple blues channels but I don't care for either of them.........

I got hundreds of CD's so I usually listen to them........

Bill Cosby
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
What do you usually listen to???

doctordog
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
What do you usually listen to???

I like music I grew up with -70's-80's, I like hard rock, I like people like Jim Croce, England Dan and John Ford Coley, Harry Chapin, Buffet, James Taylor and Gordon Lightfoot.

I like Floyd Cramer, Miles Davis, Janis Joplin, hell there isn't much I don't like.

My 5 favorite bands are:

Eagles
Journey
Def leppard
U2
Reo Speedwagon

You?

Bill Cosby
10-19-2009, 12:11 AM
None of them are hard rock???

IMO hard rock was the blues but played a bit to lound-fast & electric only........ but hey I regress....

I like most of those..... But I always find myself back home w/ the blues....:hi:

The blues didn't die w/ Muddy......

Blues & country- the parents of modern rock & jazz began in the delta~ the MIssissippi delta...

CosmicRocker
10-19-2009, 09:28 AM
my day off: gotta clean up the house from the weekend work marathons.

http://imagecache5.art.com/p/LRG/15/1552/PF7DD00Z/rolling-stones-start-me-up.jpg

Bill Cosby
10-19-2009, 12:25 PM
I like music I grew up with -70's-80's, I like hard rock, I like people like Jim Croce, England Dan and John Ford Coley, Harry Chapin, Buffet, James Taylor and Gordon Lightfoot.

I like Floyd Cramer, Miles Davis, Janis Joplin, hell there isn't much I don't like.

My 5 favorite bands are:

Eagles
Journey
Def leppard
U2
Reo Speedwagon

You?

Check out these two... Although not from that era they are in the spirit-flavor of it IMO & they are a couple tuneZ I never get tired of hearing...... :thumbsup:

ee735pZ6kxk

TPqVKUQwzOU

doctordog
10-20-2009, 09:15 PM
my day off: gotta clean up the house from the weekend work marathons.

http://imagecache5.art.com/p/LRG/15/1552/PF7DD00Z/rolling-stones-start-me-up.jpg

I was off today and will be again Friday, it was great day of motorcycle riding as it hit 70 degrees.:thumbsup:

CosmicRocker
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I was off today and will be again Friday, it was great day of motorcycle riding as it hit 70 degrees.:thumbsup:
sounds like fun, this is Biketoberfest at Daytona Beach week.

doctordog
10-20-2009, 09:41 PM
sounds like fun, this is Biketoberfest at Daytona Beach week.

Do you ride and live in Florida, that must be fantastic.:thumbsup:

CosmicRocker
10-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Do you ride and live in Florida, that must be fantastic.:thumbsup:

I don't ride, I had a bike long ago up north, and froze.
Sold it.

It's too dangerous for me, I hyperdrive an old car.

Lot's of bikers around though, it is a blast.

doctordog
10-20-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't ride, I had a bike long ago up north, and froze.
Sold it.

It's too dangerous for me, I hyperdrive an old car.

Lot's of bikers around though, it is a blast.

I had a 69 Super Bee A-12 clone car that was a great driver, 440 6 pack, I sold it on E-bay a few years ago when the economy started going down. I am looking again but can't decide.

doctordog
01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx324/wayers57/82de239740463872019845fb7e964204-1.jpg

doctordog
01-26-2010, 09:57 PM
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx324/wayers57/strutbrace.jpg

Bill Cosby
01-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Very nice.................. You better do the speed limit in that..........lol

doctordog
01-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Very nice.................. You better do the speed limit in that..........lol

I have had at 161 one time and that was because I met a state rod while I was doing 118. Needless to say by the time he got off to turn around I was a memory. Didn't get out in it again for about a week. I would highly reccomend it to anyone wanting to feel younger again.:lmao2:

Bill Cosby
01-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I have had at 161 one time and that was because I met a state rod while I was doing 118. Needless to say by the time he got off to turn around I was a memory. Didn't get out in it again for about a week. I would highly reccomend it to anyone wanting to feel younger again.:lmao2:

LOL............

I have a 2004 mustang, some honda's & a van....... (to tote my kayaks)...

I notice if I am in my van I can drive an easy 10+ miles faster on the hiway & a few miles faster on the street.......... When I am in the mustang convert I need to stick a lot closer..........

That is like driving a bull eyes to the hiway patrol..........

doctordog
01-27-2010, 10:15 PM
LOL............

I have a 2004 mustang, some honda's & a van....... (to tote my kayaks)...

I notice if I am in my van I can drive an easy 10+ miles faster on the hiway & a few miles faster on the street.......... When I am in the mustang convert I need to stick a lot closer..........

That is like driving a bull eyes to the hiway patrol..........

That is why a lunch here and there go a long way!:thumbsup:

doctordog
02-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Anyone have any ideas for Summer Vacation?

I am thinking about the Frankenmuth car show in Michigan or building a vacation around a business trip in May to the twin cities. Any ideas?

doctordog
05-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Damn, no ideas. I already took a 4 day trip to Barber Motorsports in Birmingham and then took in some adult entertainment in Memphis at the Gold Club.

I think the Bourbon Trail is next on our list.